Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Biocube 29gallon HQI

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Aspinn

Reefing newb
Okay I'm having troubles deciding which All-In-One I want...

I would eventualy like to do corals/a clam... I will be having 3 fish (2 clowns and 1 other one.... Possibly a fourth fish depending on a few things.

So right now I'm trying to decide between the two tanks and I need some help :)

(btw Ty for all the replies on my previous post! )

and if you think I should be looking at a different all in one then please say so! I'm still in the planning stages and won't be getting the tank till the end of the summer! Thanks again!

Last edited:
All-in-ones can be great tanks. You will want to get one that uses strong light if you are going to keep corals and clams. If you want to keep 3 or 4 fish, then you should go with a 29 gallon set up. I hear good things about the Red Sea Max, and Bio Cubes are great. There are different lighting options, skip PC lighting and go with either metal halide or LED. That will allow you to keep the inverts you want.

I got the Biocube HQI and love it so far. You should also check out the Cadlights systems, they are awesome!

I have the older non-HQI Biocube 29g and I spent a ridiculous amount of money making it do what the newer BC29 HQI does out of the box. IThe BC29 HQI is good value for the money. The only thing about the all-in-1s I don't like (and this is not major) is that once a month or more you need to take out everything in the back chambers and vacuum the detritus out of them --it will build up. Tip: Plan on filling chamber two with cheato.

IMO the RSM has a much sleeker look. They also have made many improvements on the system, i.e. upgraded skimmer and surface skimmer.

Back