red sea reef foundation kit pissing me off!!!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
ok so i just got the reef foundation test kit and all i can say if WTF i dont know what test to trust my salifert MG test says im low at maybe 1280 and the red sea says im off the scale at 1600, also the red sea kh test says im like at 6.0 and api kh test says closer to 8.5 im scared to even try the ca. test. now im super pissed after spending money on them.

can you take a sample to a lfs and see what they get? I don't test all that crazy stuff, but i'm sure they could straighten up the confusion.

yeah im provably going to do that tommorow

it would just really piss me off if this test is that off..

the ca. seems ok it read about 400

I use those stupid api kits and cant ever tell what the exact reading is. no matter what light you put the chart up to it never looks right

So I went to a LFS had them test with the same RED sea test and it reads 1380 mg also went to pick up some frags from a guy and he had a test kit from red sea also, I had him test it and it also read 1380 So im defenetly sure my kit is off on the Mg test. Will the LFS I got it from have to replace it ??? as far as my Ca. and KH go its seems to be good only about a .5 difrence in kh and about 20 ppm in calcium form one test to another.

Back