red slime algae

brandontucker407

Reefing newb
For some reason i cant get rid of my red slime problem water test good water flow good just buy new lights. It's only on the sand and not the rock. i used the red slime remover but it comes back please HELP!:frustrat::frustrat:

the red slime removes tend to create resistant strains if they dont get everything the first time. The best way to beat them is with good nutrient export and a blackout.

Can you please give a total run down on your system? I want to know the fish, what you feed, how much, equipment, actual numbers of your water parameters etc

I had a bit of a red algae problem once. It's not there anymore. I never did anything to get rid of it. I think it all died from the high nitrates I had... :lol: No, really. :shock: I have pretty week lights too.

I just had a little for the first time myself, I used a product made by ultra life reef products called red slime remover and so far problem solved. It's a little pricy like $17.00 for a small thing of it but, I would recomend it if you haven't tried it already..

I was just scrubbing red slime off rock an hour ago. We found s a huge deposit of nasty detritus and green slime in the bottom of the fuge that stank to hell. I think that was the source of the 'trates that caused the cyano.

Back