Red slime around the Chaeto algae and all over the sump

assafelbaz

Reefing newb
Hi.

This Cynaobacteria has to be gone... I have it in my sump now. It has bubbles stick to it and it looks bad. What should i do? How to clean the Chaeto?

I replaced the bulb in the sump from 5,000K to 6,500K to make the Chaeto grow, but instead i got Red Slime grow... Not funny at all.

I think maybe the sand i am using infected too much... i took some from the display tank and i have put it in the sump. If that's the problem let me know, i will take all the sand from both tanks and i will kill it with Chemiclean, then i will put it back.

Let me know please, thanks.

Chemiclean will kill the cyno but it won't resolve the issue that you are having of excess nutrients in your water. Please post your params, (please don't just say that they are fine). Also how much and what are you feeding?

You can clean the cheato by rinsing it in some old tank water or under the tap if you are quick about it.

And you can suck out the other bits of cyano with a turkey baster. Give the cheato some time to work and hopefully the cheato can eliminate the stuff

+1 fish.... once you get it cleaned, try to get some movement around the chaeto to prevent stuff from growing on it.

Back