red slime???

kennedy98

Reefing newb
well i dont know what forum to put this in and i was wandering what eats red slime perferibly something thats not real expensive thanks?P.S sorry for asking so many questions

More flow, less nutrients, RODI water. Chances are you're overfeeding slightly.

Have you tested for nitrates/phosphates? Test both your tank and a sample of the water you've been adding to you tank. Make sure no detritus is allowed to settle to the ground, and that you have enough biodiversity (CUC) to take care of the stuff that does manage...a serpent star is pretty useful.

You said you've been doing this a couple of years? Never seen cyano yet?

+1 all of the above.

I recommend to up your water changes to x2 per week for a few weeks, remove as much of it manually as you can (then do a water change afterwords), use less lights for a few days, only use RO or distilled water, use phosphate remove and feed your tank a little less for a few weeks until the algae is gone.

Be patient because you wont see results within days, give it a few weeks, stay consistent and you will win the battle. :Cheers:

Is this the beginning of cyano or is this just the rock getting some color the way it's supposed to? It doesn't look slimey, it kinda looks crusty.. I know poor picture quality, but it's kinda purple. I've got this on two rocks that I got at the same place. LFS.

Attachments

• Rock.jpg
    Rock.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 510
Isn't that a Neil Diamond song? Sweet Coralline... Funny, the first few lines are eerily appropriate. LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmV_YJm5jAc"]YouTube - Neil Diamond-Sweet Caroline[/ame]

Coralline is good. Eventually it will cover most of the things in your tank and could be a good visible sign that you have a healthy tank.

Back