Red tree sponge

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
I think my red tree sponge is a gonner. I had glued it to the side of a rock where the filter water comes down and my guess is that the bubbles that it makes are what ruined it.

I dont know if I should just take it out and throw it away or try to cut off pieces that still look good or what.

Does anyone else have experience with sponges?

IMG_0315 by sungirlamber, on Flickr

Sorry to hear that...I would try to cut the good pieces off and see if it recovers. I had one that did the same thing. Good luck.

All mine do that eventually. It's very tough to keep these sponges long term. It will conitinue to slowly deteriorate.

I dont know but my ball sponges and my fan sponge are just fine but this one was stuck in the bubble flow way to long I had a bad feeling about it when I realized. I moved it a few days later but looks like it was to late.

We also have a hard time providing enough food, and i also think the colored ones require something that we cant provide for them and they slowly decline.

I dont know but my ball sponges and my fan sponge are just fine but this one was stuck in the bubble flow way to long I had a bad feeling about it when I realized. I moved it a few days later but looks like it was to late.

My ball sponge is the only one still alive from when I first setup my tank, I think they're just easier to keep alive long term.

I've not had great success with the sponges I got from TBS either. :( Out of the 10 or so that I got, I have 3 of them still alive. One red (it's a ridged shape), one yellow (ball) and one orange (tree). I am starting to agree with the rest of you -- these things just don't do well long-term.

I've not had great success with the sponges I got from TBS either. :( Out of the 10 or so that I got, I have 3 of them still alive. One red (it's a ridged shape), one yellow (ball) and one orange (tree). I am starting to agree with the rest of you -- these things just don't do well long-term.

Yeah kind of sucks since they are such a great spark of color.

Back