Redneck Reefing

Muck

Reefing newb
Hello all, my name is Chris, im from the Nashville, TN area. im an emt for a neighboring county ambulance service. Im pretty new to the hobby, but ive been researching for years. I recently inherited a 40 gal from a family member that just didnt have time for it anymore. So far the tank is pretty bare, only a couple of clownies, an orange zoa (that is in rough shape but already starting to look better in the short time ive had it), a frogspawn (looks like a 3 head branch but only the very top head has a frogspawn, its looking pretty good though), and just put a lawnmower blenny in today. there are a couple of hermits (no plans on adding more or replacing those if they die) and a handful of nerite, nossarius, cerith and turbo snails currently on the CUC. To my knowledge, the tank is a couple years old, but lack of cleaning to the skimmer (prizm HOB) and the rest of the tank for that matter, has pretty much left me with the fun challenge of recovering everything and gettin thing back to normal.

anyway, ive been to multiple forums and seemed to enjoy this one the most so this is where i decided to set up an account. looking forward to more from this community.

Your going to have a blast with the tank FYI. So you just got your lawnmower today?! Isn't he just so pleasant. They are the best ever!

Your going to have a blast with the tank FYI. So you just got your lawnmower today?! Isn't he just so pleasant. They are the best ever!

yea im actually kinda surprised. he was basically purchased to help do some clean up but hes actually been pretty fun to watch. after acclimation, it took him about 2 minutes to start goin to work lol.

yea im actually kinda surprised. he was basically purchased to help do some clean up but hes actually been pretty fun to watch. after acclimation, it took him about 2 minutes to start goin to work lol.

Just stinks you can't get multiple blennys.

Welcome to the site! Are there any good LFSs in your area? I'm going to be moving out that way next month.

Welcome to the site! Are there any good LFSs in your area? I'm going to be moving out that way next month.

Sure are, theres one called Aquatic Critter that has been around for years. not sure how they compare to other places around the country but they have to be doing something right to last as long as they have. they are located on the southeast part of nashville, the other side of town has a store called Emerald Bay.. i cant say much for them as i havent had much experience with them due to location, but from what i hear, their owners are former aquatic critter guys. those are really the only 2 that i know of around here.

Back