Reef Cleaners ....nightmare

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by rlsdsurfer, Jul 8, 2013.

1. rlsdsurfer

mariobrothersleeve squirrel

I hope that made you feel more like a man. Its quite funny how one stands behind their computer to "fit in" to a pointless subject just to point that out. I have no issues with gays, do you?
    I am on alot of different threads and it just gets old. One spends so much time that their only friends are avitars on some reef fourm. Its is sad that one consumes their entire life to get in the kicking. In the U.S. Marine Corps, i did the same thing and that was because i was young and dumb just to stand up with my buddies. The only thing different was that my friends were real.

mariobrothersleeve, Jul 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. rlsdsurfer

Variko

The same thing happened to my order. I ordered $180 worth of macro and critters. John answered my email on Saturday and tried to help. Fex ex on the other hand, did not care about the animals. Their terminal in Philly was open and my package was there and they would not allow me to pick it up. Fed ex are the bums, not reefcleaners or John. John asked me to keep him posted and let him know what my losses were. Most of the animals were alive and are cruising my main tank happily. The animals John said probably wouldnt make it didnt. Which begs the question, if he could accurately predict which animals would die, why would he condemn these animals and make his customers angry? He wouldnt! Read some forums about his company. He cares enough about marine life to use sustainable harvesting methods, he wouldnt send these same animals out to cook in a fed ex warehouse. If you refused the order YOU condemned whatever animals were left alive to death. All of my snails lived, save a few nerites and limpets, as did my scarlet hermits, thin legged hermits, and the porcelain crabs. My only losses were an urchin, the chitons and some assorted hermits. Fed ex killed them, by not allowing me to pick up my package, not reefcleaners or John!

Variko, Jul 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. rlsdsurfer

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Usually, things get out of hand when people make comments like you, mario. For starters, the OP was the one who started carrying things too far. Everyone else responded quite nicely, IMHO. We weren't jumping on him. Just commenting that he seemed to go on the deep end. Plus others were just commenting on how their personal experiences went.

But when you start making a mountain out of a mole hill, that's when things go bad.

And where did gays come into play? LOL For the record, I have gay family members and love them to bits.

wontonflip, Jul 9, 2013
    ErinCahir likes this.
  4. rlsdsurfer

Big K

[​IMG]

Seriously, you cannot overdose on them, take all you want.

Big K, Jul 9, 2013
  5. rlsdsurfer

Does that come in chewables?

wontonflip, Jul 9, 2013
  6. rlsdsurfer

Big K

oh yes! They taste like honey coated peace!

Big K, Jul 9, 2013
  7. rlsdsurfer

Wooot! Gimme summa dat!

wontonflip, Jul 9, 2013
  8. rlsdsurfer

Variko

The irony is all of his animals probably survived lol.

Variko, Jul 9, 2013
  9. rlsdsurfer

Variko

OMG my snails came 2 days late!

Variko, Jul 9, 2013
  10. rlsdsurfer

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

If you think that order went sour. Try making ordrs every week and see how many go sour.
    At the LFS, we make a 2 to $3000.00 order every week, from somewhere. We've had the airlines leave entire orders setting on the tarmac during mid-summer heat. Had orders come in with ice in the bags during the winter when either the airlines or Fedex/ UPS screwed up, and we can count on it happeing 5 or 6 times a year.

Try inspecting $3000 worth of fish and coral after its been left setting in Houston Tx for 2 days in July before being shipped on to Chattanooga Tn.

yote, Jul 9, 2013
  11. rlsdsurfer

SarahSmile :)

Sidenote: I believe there was a bit of a misunderstanding Mario. Flame suit refers to forum speak; to "flame" someone. Like, to fight or insult is to flame them. If I'm defining that right. Not a gay reference.

SarahSmile, Jul 9, 2013
  12. rlsdsurfer

LOL Yes, I cleared that up with him ;)

wontonflip, Jul 9, 2013
  13. rlsdsurfer

Jml32788

Totally a misunderstanding.

Jml32788, Jul 9, 2013
  14. rlsdsurfer

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

So any update on the shipment?

fastrd400, Jul 9, 2013
  15. rlsdsurfer

rlsdsurfer

To ALL you people defending John...i spent several months and numerous e-mails conversing with John on the right CUC. it took me months just to save the extra $50.00, John made the mistake of claiming I was committing 'fraud' by not receiving his miss timed shipping. Any fault at the time was his!

As for his reputation I am well aware. This whole experience has been a nightmare. There was no packing slip so I really have no idea what I really ended up with, apparently there where 'extras' as he is infamous for.

He first refunded me the cost of the overnight shipping that didn't happen. Then, today I see a full and complete refund!
    Having been a small business owner myself I must say I am very disappointed in the whole ordeal, For one, when these things die I can't go back to John to replace them, I tried to point this fact out to him. Anyway to waste all that time and effort, cost very poor business transaction.
    I followed ALL details and meet all requirements as a customer I did nothing wrong!

rlsdsurfer, Jul 9, 2013
  16. rlsdsurfer

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

Okay, so again, what made it and what did not?

fastrd400, Jul 9, 2013
  17. rlsdsurfer

d2mini VIP Member

I'm bored so I'm going to take this step by step and break it down for you. :Cheers:

i spent several months and numerous e-mails conversing with John on the right CUC.
    That is a lot of work on this part. Kudos to him for having the patience.

John made the mistake of claiming I was committing 'fraud' by not receiving his miss timed shipping.
    There was zero reason for you NOT to accept the package. That right there is a guarantee that no animal would survive. At least john was telling you that SOME would survive. Any DOA at that point would have been your fault and you're asking your cc to reverse the charges?

There was no packing slip so I really have no idea what I really ended up with, apparently there where 'extras' as he is infamous for.
    I don't think he counts them to the point of achieving an exact number. It should be readily apparent that you got at least what you ordered.

He first refunded me the cost of the overnight shipping that didn't happen. Then, today I see a full and complete refund!
    Problem solved! So why you still so mad? It's pretty obvious that the $50 was no longer worth the hassle for John. I don't blame him.

For one, when these things die I can't go back to John to replace them
    Why not? Everyone else does and he does.

I followed ALL details and meet all requirements as a customer I did nothing wrong!
    No, you did not follow requirements and you did do something wrong. You're "requirements" don't stop at hitting the "pay" button. John has very specific instructions on how to accept the package, acclimate, wait and then contact him about doa. You did NONE of this.

All of your wasted time and aggravation is YOUR fault. This all could have been taking care of calmly and simply.

I too would like to know what happened after you got to your lfs with the package.

d2mini, Jul 9, 2013
  18. rlsdsurfer

Big K

Hmm.... What stands out to me is the idea of being able to maintain a stable tank when it takes months to scratch together $50. Not being critical, but this hobby is pretty hard on the wallet.

The only thing I see you did wrong was the instant hissyfit.

Also expecting anything else from John after a full refund is pretty audacious as well.

Big K, Jul 9, 2013
  19. rlsdsurfer

reefnoob

I'm just saying, but John is actually the one losing anything at all here. HE has to pay the $28 shipping fees (I'm sure USPS or whatever did not refund that money to him). So basically, you got to keep whatever animals that were still alive for free, while John is paying an extra $28.

reefnoob, Jul 9, 2013
  20. rlsdsurfer

mariobrothersleeve squirrel

I cant lie, you should have left this alone after your first post. 50 bucks is my salt consumption in a month, im anal about water changes. I look like an ass so that you could just stop posting, but that didnt work out so well for you. John has never done anyone wrong and who honestly buys live shipped animals over a holiday week? I too have lost coral when we got 26inches of snow in a day, but it was unexpected unlike a planned holiday. Sorry, if you were actually worried about the snails you wouldnt have declined the package.
    Fyi, you should STOP posting

mariobrothersleeve, Jul 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question