Reef Cleaners ....nightmare

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by rlsdsurfer, Jul 8, 2013.

1. rlsdsurfer

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbrn9eXEKWk]THE YOUNGBLOODS / Let´s get together (1967) [Chet Powers´s song] - YouTube[/ame]

motorcyclereefer, Jul 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. rlsdsurfer

Jml32788

So you got all of your stuff for free and your still disappointed? Even if only one tiny snail survives you still came out on top. I have never done business with John but after reading all this I will be happy to give him all of my business for CUC. Its obvious to me that John cares about his customers and goes above and beyond what is necessary to help you or make things right. I bet he kept in contact with you even after you were rude to him and then not only refunds you for DOA items without proof, but gives you a complete refund.

Jml32788, Jul 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. rlsdsurfer

MitchReef reef noobie, since 1986

Wow....I'm going to be 56 in 2 weeks....do I have to become a raging hormone be-otch in another year????

MitchReef, Jul 10, 2013
  4. rlsdsurfer

Variko

Well guys John is sending me replacement critters on Thursday! Whole ordeal was no biggie. I do wonder what the OP actually lost. All of my snails and hermits that survived the shipping are cruising around my tanks eating algae and muck. The large thin legged hermits have already figured out where the food enters the sump from the main tanks and run there as soon as they smell food. The nerites John sells are awesone. They are big enough to make a dent in the algae on the glass, but havent bulldozed any frags. I can go on and on. Needless to say I am very happy with my order. What I am unhappy about is fed ex not letting me pick up the box on saturday when the terminal was still open. I will complain to them. I will reread this post before I complain to fedex so I know what not to say. I still cant believe the OP is mad at reefcleaners after a full refund and Id bet most if not all of his animals survived. If 50 dollars for a cuc breaks the bank you are in the wrong hobby!

Variko, Jul 10, 2013
  5. rlsdsurfer

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

I honestly am not bothered by the fact that he's on a budget and in this hobby because I, myself, am very careful about planning and minding what I buy. It's an expensive hobby, and I save to get things for my tank just like the OP. I am tight budgeted myself, so it can be a struggle sometimes to be in this hobby. But it makes me happy, so I make it work. It's not fair to judge someone for not having all the financial resources in the world to be in a hobby that makes them happy. My fish are healthy and happy, even with my meager resources.

I just have issue with the way he handled this. I would also be upset if my hard earned money went to waste, but I would never treat another person the way this guy has. It gets you nowhere fast. There are many factors that go into having an order go horribly wrong. You can't blame just one person. And even so, you should treat them the way you would want to be treated.

wontonflip, Jul 10, 2013
  6. rlsdsurfer

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

This is one where we would have told the OP that we didn't need or want anymore of their business.

That $28 it cost John to ship that CUC, he wont get back from the shipping company, even though it was their screw-up. He MIGHT get a credit from them to apply to the next shipment, but he wont get any money back.
    He also went above and beyond with the refund, even after the order was refused. Especially since his order agreement had been violated by the OP.

yote, Jul 10, 2013
  7. rlsdsurfer

kbuser92 Breeder

One thing I learned as a manager is that sometimes yall just have to eat a little shit to have a good day. He probably did it just because he was sick of dealing with it and, like you said, Joe, probably just doesn't want or need his $50 bad enough to continue dealing with the situation.

kbuser92, Jul 10, 2013
  8. rlsdsurfer

Greenman

im pretty sure that 25 dollar free over night shipping isnt anywhere FROM Florida its only within Florida

Greenman, Jul 10, 2013
  9. rlsdsurfer

Variko

Well guys my 175 dollar order has been resolved. John was supposed to ship me out just the animals and algae I had lost. It was about $55 worth of stuff. He reshipped the entire order again! My algae tank is chock full and looks great from all of the doubles of the algae. Needless to say I am a happy customer. I cant believe he shipped the entire order again. If reefcleaners sells it, they will be where I buy it from. So happy.....

Variko, Jul 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question