Reef Octopus Cone Skimmer

dcantucson

Reef pro
I was at our LFS on Easter Sunday for a special coral sale (40% off) and when I was leaving I spotted this Reef Octopus Super Cone XP-2000SSS Skimmer and so I began asking questions.

I have been very unhappy with my Tunze Skimmer for well over a year now. I hardly never had to empty the collection cup. If I was lucky it would be half full once a month. I have gone months without emptying it. I knew it wasn't doing it's job. So....

I inquired how much it was and asked if it was on sale too. Robert goes to his computer to check on what price he could sell it for and came back and said $435. I thought about 5 seconds and said, "I'll take it!"

I have been looking at these cone skimmers for a while now and decided to take the leap. Besides I got it cheaper than I could have on line. Now that's the unbelievable part of this story. :shock:

So here it is:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Really puts your other skimmer to shame.

I also see you've been having a blast with your new cam! Hooray for pics!

Thats a good looking skimmer David.
And your getting good enough with that new camera that you aint got no more excuses about not posting pic.:D

I'm not responding to this thread because I posted last week about my new Reef Octo coming in and nobody relpied or cared. :pooh: So I won't tell you how good Reef Octo's are for the money, or will I discuss it with you or anyvbody else, and NO I wont post any pictures either when it comes in...

(Looks good David, can't wait for mine end of this week :bounce:)

I'm not responding to this thread because I posted last week about my new Reef Octo coming in and nobody relpied or cared. :pooh: So I won't tell you how good Reef Octo's are for the money, or will I discuss it with you or anyvbody else, and NO I wont post any pictures either when it comes in...

(Looks good David, can't wait for mine end of this week :bounce:)
You know how it is. It didn't happen if there's no pics to back it up.

Just look at the zero edge thread. :D

I love my Octo beside the occasional ruff start up which is only in my model... go figure. My tank was only two weeks old with just rock and a few hitchhikers with in 8hrs it started pulling stuff out of my tank.

So far I've gotten more skimmate in a couple of days than I did in a month with the Tunze skimmer. Looking good on performance now.

So for a 220 I would go up one size to one good for a 300 gallon?

Looks like it really works

Do you use an outside airpump for those? Like one to run sponge filters in freshwater tanks?

Back