Reef Octopus Extreme 160

Reef Octopus are great. What they mean is that the model sits in the water, in the sump preferably. And yes, it needs to be as deep as they say. Reef Octo also makes an external model which works great. Either way I think they all need a supply pump.

Reef Octopus are great. What they mean is that the model sits in the water, in the sump preferably. And yes, it needs to be as deep as they say. Reef Octo also makes an external model which works great. Either way I think they all need a supply pump.

Could I put it on top of something so it's not so far down. And what do you mean they need a supply pump? They all seem to come with pumps.

Can you set the skimmer on eggcrate or something to get it to the correct height?
I see a lot of people do this in their sumps...

Check out the Bubble Magus NAC6, or NAC7. Both are great skimmers, and as efficient at much lower price than the Octopus, not that the Octopus is a bad skimmer.

Check out the Bubble Magus NAC6, or NAC7. Both are great skimmers, and as efficient at much lower price than the Octopus, not that the Octopus is a bad skimmer.

I looked at bubble magus but it has to be shipped from china. With the shipping it cost about as much as the octopus.

I looked at bubble magus but it has to be shipped from china. With the shipping it cost about as much as the octopus.

Negative my friend. I can pick them up here. I know a shop in San Jose that will sell you one, and ship it free, and yes, he has them in stock. If I remember correctly, the NAC6 was 170.00 and the NAC7 (cone skimmer) was 230.00

Negative my friend. I can pick them up here. I know a shop in San Jose that will sell you one, and ship it free, and yes, he has them in stock. If I remember correctly, the NAC6 was 170.00 and the NAC7 (cone skimmer) was 230.00

What's the shop called?

He doesn't have them listed on his website. But believe me, he has them. I have been in the store several times, I almost bought one myself while I was there. He has both, in stock, and those were the prices he quoted me. Call the store after 7:00 PM Pacific time and talk to him. He is super cool.

He doesn't have them listed on his website. But believe me, he has them. I have been in the store several times, I almost bought one myself while I was there. He has both, in stock, and those were the prices he quoted me. Call the store after 7:00 PM Pacific time and talk to him. He is super cool.

Do you mean before 7:00?

Back