reef octopus skimmers

http://www.reefspecialty.com/Protein-Skimmers-Hurricone/c21_69/index.html

this is a good place to buy from, extreme octopus skimmer come with impellar with meshmod and a pinwheel impellar, and they got the newest octopus skimmers out called hurricone skimmer. Biggest thing in skimmers right now is cone skimmers.

msx (marinesolution.com) makes cone skimmer
swc skimmers makes cone skimmers
warner marine getting ready to release there cone skimmer, warner marine makes real
good quality skimmers.

i just bought and been using vertex skimmer which is like a euroreef but with bubble plate and premium aquatics is selling them for 25 percent off until tonight.

the octopus extremes are exact same as msx and swc skimmers, and the extreme 200 model is probally most popular skimmer for the buck right now, got a huge thread on rc about them.

sorry i got sucked into looking at daugherty's avatar and didnt get to see anything beyond that........

kidding, thanks for all the links

those new octopus skimmers called hurricone have better pumps than the sicces pumps that come on extreme octopus, some have had restart problems with sicce pumps using meshmod but work great with pinwheel impellar. the new hurricones will use a askoll pump which is an awesome more reliable pump for skimmer but also knocks price up to kinda high range for octopus skimmers but will be worth it.

im going to give one of these octopus skimmers a try
ive been thru 3 other kinds and havnt been displeased but i get tired of constantly adjusting
im hoping these tweak easier and stay at the level that you set them

i still have to research which one i am getting

thanks for all the info

im torn between the octopus and the aqua c ev series
any bad things about the aqua c ev series skimmers????

ive heard nothing but good about the octopus

i am very happy with my octo until yesterday when i used some epoxy in the tank and it went crazy but it is pulling all the crap from the epoxy out

daugherty your avatar has its own gravitational pull
all i read was "im very happy"

kidding again

maybe a poll should be poted about who has the best avatar

i've heard aqua c ev series are a pain and either skim to wet and overflow or skim to dry. Dont know first hand though just what i read on reef central equipment forum, if you ask everyone is going to tell you go with extreme octopus 200 on reef central.

if your gonna get one don't get the old school style, yes they work but those extreme octopus skimmers are the sh?t seriously.

Back