Reef safe wrasse

madlynb

madtaz
It was suggested to me to get a reef safe wrasse. One of my percula clowns has gone to fishy heaven. Can you guys give me types of reef safe wrasse to shop for?:sfish:

i like the filimented flasher wrasse it is my avatar and here is a bigger pic
i dont have it any more since it commited sucide

026.jpg

The leopard wrasse is a great choice. Any fairy or flasher wrasse as well is reef safe, some of my favorites laubouti fairy wrasse, rhomboids (comes with a big price tag) scotts and rubi fairy wrasses. Exquisite fairy wrasse. do a google search for cirrhilabrus sp. there are lots to choose from. Flashers such as your filamentous are schooling fish they prefer to be in groups of 3 or more.

Keep in mind that wrasses are jumpers so you will want to make sure your tank is covered.

leopard wrasse, flasher wrasse, six line, four line, fairy wrasse. all of these can be kept in pairs or trios as long as it is one male to the rest females. fairy and flashers and leopards would be the easiest, 6 six lines are almost impossible to pair up

Considering that I have 3 pj cardinalfish, 1 Tomini tang, 1 Hippo tang, 1 percula clown, 1 panther grouper, 1 huge green brittle star, turbo snails, narcassius snails and 1 sand sifter star will I be doing harm of overcrowding if I get a pair of wrasse? Corals are in the plan for the future also.

I think it goes without saying, I'll never have a 6-line wrasse again. :grumble:

Maybe in a larger tank -- like 100g.

But my experience and common sense tells me not to have a 6-line in a smaller tank. The girl that bought my 6-line sent a couple pictures of Striper in her 135g tank and said he is a perfect angel. Probably got a lot to do with the fact the he is the SMALLEST fish in the tank with a bunch of Angels and Butterfly fish.

In my 30g tank he was a *@$*%^! A-hole and tried to kill everything else.

I must have the evil twin. My six line is a pain. He is one of the smaller fish in my tank. But he thinks he's a shark.

Back