reef systems

I visited them in person, they are in literally in the middle of nowhere with barely any signage on their property and little to distinguish them from the other traditional crop farms in the area, my GPS could not pinpoint their location on the street and the nearest landmark is the soccer field/park. There was only one attendant on the facility that day and I was one of only two customers present for about an hour. They do have a nice big green house and a decent coral selection. Lots of their pics is taken with very strong MH lighting and with more blue than my bulbs are. The pics will not always be accurate as a representation of what specimens will look like in your tank. For example, a purple SPS frag on the site may actually look green when it arrives and may never get enough light in your tank to match the vibrant coloring in the prics. Prices are decent, some of the reef promotions packs are a steal with lowest free shipping minimums around. They do know their stuff, and keep tons of healthy specimens of coral frags in their green house in what seems like huge plastic bins. It really is a reef farm. Frags are decent sizes and I'm sure there's stuff they have that are not on the site. I liked their shark tank very much. It was the largest sized shark I've seen in a LFS type store, with a tank size to match. It had no other inhabitants as far as I could tell and some of their thoughts on best reef keeping was really interesting. For example, they suggest having a bare bottom tank (no sand) for ease of cleaning all waste matter out and keeping the best water quality, with good water circulation and direct water drainage from the bottom of the tank. I never really considered that to be the best solution but it apparently works for them. In addition they dose tanks daily with calcium and buffer. Their standard of the ideal SG is around 1.023, whereas my other LFS around here usually keep specimens at 1.025. I believe they like to do their research, and many be experimenting with some of the things they do there compared to the other LFS and so the results may be things you have never seen before in other places. One thing is for sure, they do "farm" on a large scale so the low prices make sense there. Can't speak for the shipping though because I picked up my specimens.

Oh and shouldn't this go into vendor reviews and not product reviews section?

Last edited:
Back