Votes: 4 44.4%
  • LPS

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Zoanthids

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Ricordias

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
One of mine was completely gone lastnight when I got home.

Probably the one david stuck in the sand, but the other three i went ahead and mounted and we will see what happens.

That would bring the total to six out of twelve dead. I'll shoot them an e-mail today and see what kind of response I get back. They have a great sale going on right now in the hand picked section. Great looking stuff cheap. I wish I had the money to get a few.

I'll be more specific if your going to include mine in the email so there isn't any confusion.

I came home and the 3" frag had a section of about 1.5 to 2" gone. So i fragged .5" tip off inorder to try and save it. As of 10 last night the .5" frag was ok.

Not personally sure what david is smoking, but I would like some of that... HEHE. Just kidding with you Rev, if a frag is RTNing it is commonly gone very quickly not half then just stops, hence the "R" for Rapid.

Just be sure if you call the issues we are claiming are for sure and you know the exact state because pictures etc might be requested next and in my case i didn't keep the dead part and would be unable to provide them, but understood that and for 8$ just decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Brandon

Well what I might do is just let them know what is going on. I did the same as you. I didn't want to risk loosing the whole coral waiting to get in touch with them. I fragged some off and glued it yesterday. I'll see if they have any suggestions as to what might have happened. Who knows maybe they'll give a discount for the trouble we have had. Plus, I hope the e-mail I send will sound like we know what we are doing. I wasn't going to statet that they all had RTN. Mine did the exact same as yours, turned white over night. I heard RTN makes the coral completely white in a matter of a few hours.

The only coral I have ever seen it happen to that i didn't frag was about a 4" staghorn.

When i saw it it was about .5" up the bottom 8 hours later it was completely gone. So it is pretty quick if you don't frag off a piece from my understanding as well.

Just by reading these posts, sounds like maybe there's been a lot of headaches:(

can someone plz explain what RTN is? something like a rapid degeneration of a coral maybe? can't say I've ever experienced that.

Rapid Tissue Necrosis.

It happens to SPS Corals sometime when something isn't just right.

The Color part of the coral or the tissue just starts washing off from the bottom up.

Well last time I talked to David and explained which one died I got this.

"Thats the one I had to stick in the sand":frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:
David = SPS newb :mrgreen:

Anyways the other three are doing fine.

I heard back from REEFer Madness today. They said they would be glad to replace the corals per their policy, which states,

"We will replace the SPS frags you lost and send them in the next order."

Does anyone see anything they would want? She didn't give me a specific time frame for ordering. I'll keep that e-mail for our records. If you decide to order anything from there please let me know beforehand.

:D

Back