reefer2b's tank

reefer2b

Reefing newb
Here's my payment for the advice. Pics. :mrgreen:

Here's a pic I took last night.

fish1.jpg

Here's one I just took of the rocks. It was hard to see so I'm not sure if I like it. I finally got the bottom pieces pretty secure, the one with hole was a pain to keep upright. I'm not sure about the top ones.
fish2.jpg

I like the aquascaping.It looks great.
But I bet you'll change it 200 times before its a year old.:mrgreen:

Thanks, as long as they don't fall over I'll think they'll stay put for a while. My fingers feel raw. LOL I didn't leave many flat edges other than right on top. I guess if I corals I can always change that around.

Yep thats my problem too, i dont have different height levels and aggressive corals have no room. Nice aquascaping though looks great.

That donut rock is the PIA one. It is won't sit straight unless it's supported like on a tripod, there is no "good side" to put down, it's always top heavy. I gave up trying to do it higher up and put it in the sand with three rocks under it.

Heres a current pic. I finally have the rocks were I'm happy. The ones on the far right aren't holding anything up so I can move them around if I want to.
100_2345-23.jpg

up close of the middle rock. I'm not sure about the tan stuff on it towards the bottom of the rock. I can pick it off with my fingers. I just hate to tear down the rocks.
100_2347.jpg

100_2346.jpg

Last edited:
If all else fails and you want a flat side chip it off with a masons hammer, or you could use a pallpean and a chisel. I like your aquascaping though it looks good.

Either a sponge or die off from old algae. As long as your water parameters are good and it doesn't look like it's spreading, I wouldn't worry about it.

It looks like its probably just the left overs from some die off.Your clean up critters will probably take care of it.

Thanks, it's been there since I put the rock in there and my levels haven't done anything yet so it's not a problem, just looks strange so it made me wonder.

Day 23
000_0130.jpg

This pic doesn't do justice to the actual haziness of the water. If you look through it from the side it's hard to see past the first rocks. Can you tell the water has a green tinge to it? That's the way it looks.

No I'm not running a skimmer. I've been cleaning the filter and after seeing how it looked after a week I'm going to do it again in a few days and see how it looks. All the skimmers I've seen on you tube appear to be noisy and since this is in my bedroom I dont' want to listen to the gurgling sound.

Back