Reefkeeper Lite set up

chichimom79

reef junkie
Twice I have been going through the set up for this thing and it has beeped, gone back to the main screen and NOT displaying the time and date that I JUST SET! Can you tell how frustrated I am??? Can anyone please help me with the set up of this thing before I actually do this...:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

I wish I could help!! Maybe call the manufacturer? Or the place you bought it from? Maybe they can help or send a replacement? Hang in there!

I just picked up a Reefkeeper lite myself and am getting ready to set it up. Hopefully I won't be banging my head against the wall as well.

Anybody with the reefkeeper available for questioning?? LOL Pretty please with a cherry on top? I think my pH probe may be bad but it may be entirely possible that I have no freakin idea what I am doing. When I put the probe into the 7 solution. the numbers do nothing. It says I should see fluctuating numbers, but Im not. Help would surely be appreciated.

Hehe, I'm running through similar problems with my AquaController Apex. Pumps keep randomly turning off...

Sorry I haven't gotten that in depth with my RKL. Its pretty much a glorified timer at the moment. I have so many projects going on right now and not enough $$$!

I have spent the last day and a half getting this thing set up. I think it is going alright now, Not sure what went wrong, but I had to do a hard reset on all of the modules before I could get things to stop spontaneously shutting off.
Currently trying to calibrate the pH probe and the number hasn't stabilized after about 20 minutes. So, not sure about that. We'll see...

I've had a crummy time with the PH probe on mine. When calibrating, the number never really settled so I finally just kind of picked a spot in the middle. The ph seems to give a reasonable reading for a while and then I'll come home and it'll be waaaay off. I'll test the ph with a kit and it's right around 8 or whatnot, but the RKL may be showing a point or more lower. And then the next day it'll be back to looking normal again. The only other thing I use it for right now are my 2 heaters, and it seems to work fine on that, but I haven't plugged any other pumps into it...

I am so bummed. System was up and running for four days with no problems and all of a sudden, total system shutdown. I have contacted DA again and we shall see what they say. I bet I got a bad unit. :(

Sorry to hear about your problems with the controller, Angie. I have an Apex and wondering if any of that might carry over to the RK. The pumps turning on and off may be a program issue. Is there a way to read what it is programed to do. As far as the ph probe, with the Apex I first put it in a 7 solution, then a 10 to calibrate it. Just trying to help.

Good luck with that!!!!!!!! I hope all goes well for ya. I'm buying a RKE Saturday. I can't WAIT!!!!!! It has 5 modules and 3 power strips with it so I am going to be spending the rest of my weekend building a cabinet for it I think. That way I can mount everything and route lines all nice and neat and all and crap won't be hanging everywhere

Well, Digital Aquatics has had my system for a week, and no word. Just sent them another email expressing my frustration. So far, the support has been iffy at best...

Back