Reef's 210g. Journal

For some reason I thought the pics looked like it was 48" Looks great thought, and I bet it will look awsome all set up. Cant wait to see it.

Yeah,when there's nothing to compare its size to,looks can be deceiving.It totally dwarfs my 75gal. and with that sump/fuge being 64'' long,it would never fit in the stand if it was 48''.

Looks like your going to have some fun reef and looks like your also going to be cutting a hole in your wallet for better flow when you need the money to pour out haha. My head is spinnin just trying to get my 80g up and runnin.

hey freak, yea i am going with the 150 sump and his add on refugium(20" i think). i want to save as much space as possible so i think i will use the in-sump skimmer. i dont have a order in yet or anything and i am going to talk to jeff when i am ready about anything i can do to make sure i have room but i think it will work. if any suggestions let me know. props on your tank man it is awesome!! keep us up dated and anything i can do to help i am here for yea, except money haha

Redline I don't know how to take that.If your meaning its a money pit,then you're definitely right about that.I do have plans for some hard plumping going through the wall for water changes and evaporation.

Joey,I was just curious....the 150 and refuge will be awesome,just go big as you can fit.I haven't receive all the equipment yet from Lifereef,I'm waiting on Jeff to build the 3 cylinders and manifold so I can have a place for carbon,etc.Ah man!I was wanting some cash,I have zero funds and still need about $2000 in equipment.....but thanks anyways.

yes it was just my clever way of saying its going to cost far out the a$$ fot that tank.... though i guess its really all expensive no matter what

yea if i could help everyone pay for there tanks i would but i am still trying to save enough for my own lol. even tho Lifereef takes a little while to get stuff i think it is all worth the wait for sure. good luck keep us posted

It took exactly one month from ordering to delivery for my particular setup.Joey,I don't know if I mentioned it earlier.When and if you do get it,you won't be disappointed,its top quality and man!it looks better in person.I don't know if its common practice to polish the edges the way Lifereef does it but it makes the sump look even better.In a way,I don't even want to put water in it,it looks so good.Oh and the acrylic is nice and thick too.

It get paid this week so I maybe ordering lights this week.I'll be back with an update soon.

yea i can tell in your pics that its a awesome product. i cant wait to get my stufff i will keep you posted. what lights are you looking at getting?

I'm ordering the Aquactinics Constellation.Its a 72'' T5-HO fixture(14x39w).,either from Aquarium Specialty or Premium Aquatics.I getting the bulbs from Reefgeek.com.I chose these lights because it uses less electricity then MH and I here they use one of the best material for the individual reflectors.BTW,the fixture is 720.00 with the hanging kit and 250.00 for the bulbs.I'll be back with pics soon.

yea those lights are sweet for sure. i think you recommended that fixture to me and i want it ha. keep us updated, o and do you have to buy the hanging kit?

Joey,the lights don't come with the hanging kit.You have to buy the hanging kit or tank risers separately-about $35 for one or the other.Another sad thing is there are no lunar lights.I'm going to have to buy those clamp on lunar lights or DIY some LED's(yeah right!)onto the fixture.The good thing are those individual reflectors and 3 different plugs which makes for a better dust to dawn then having just two plugs for the florescents.

yeah thats no doubt it is a awesome fixture, i didnt know it didnt have lunar lights. well if you figure something out let us know

What bulb configuration are you going to run Reef?
Ive been thinking about trying something different with my Novas if I can find the bulbs.Im not to sure about the differnet ratings either.

Yote I have no idea yet on bulbs.I'm looking for bulb combination that is a little more bluish/purplish then our lights.I ordered the fixture earlier today and later call Reefgeek.com for bulb recommendations.Visit there site,they carry all the best bulbs at the best prices I've seen.I do know that our lights lack true actinics(03 420nm) so I will be getting some of them and the purple/pink Super Actinic R bulbs.

If this helps any,I was at one time going to replace two of the Actinic 460nm with 420nm and two of the 10000k with a 60/40 bulb.I'll be back soon with my choices.

Back