Reef's 210g. Journal

really after all the stuff you have told us you have that isnt a real crazy amount of money. i mean it is still a lot but it seems like you are doing pretty good. sounds like it is coming together, good luck and keep us posted.

I would have thought it was more myself.
It'll be worth every penny when you get started stocking it.

BTW
The new tanks here.Down sized to a 75 though.All-Glass was running a big sale on 75s,So I saved some for other stuff I want to add like a bigger return pump.I'll get pics up tomorrow.

Your appreciate the extra depth a 75 gives over a 55.I say join John,Doc,Winyfrog and I in the 125 and up club.Jerm don't count(I think he's bummed out).

HMMMMMM!I wondering who else has large tanks...I know Biff is going big whenever she moves but who else?

Bermuda got an All-Glass 125 with stand,drain and return kits,glass tops and strip lights that they put on sale for around 700 bucks.

Thats going to be my next step up.

Ah shucks Yote!
Do it now...honestly thats a really good price.Originally,I was going 150g megaflow,drain kits,glass top and stand(no lights) for $1000.Thats was for the cheapest stand.I was like shoot,might as well go for 210g. for $400 more with a better stand.

go big or go home man, just messin. i cant say much i dont even have a tank yet lol. keep us posted on that 75 and good luck

Joe,I didn't count you because your still in the planning stage.With all the research and from what it sounds like,looks like your getting the right equipment the first time around.

Good luck on the new tank Yote!
Be back with updates real soon.

yeah i am trying, i dont want to rush anything at all. i figure just take it slow and save some money to buy the good stuff so i dont have to worry about it in the future you know. i think i am going to order my tank soon so then i can get started on building my stand, hopefully ha. good luck with the new tank yote i bet it will be awesome and freak keep up the good work it is looking sweet.

Thanks Joey,

Here's the update of bulb choices.All I can say is WOW!Yote,Biff and everybody else with T5's...what a difference bulb choices can make.Of course,I don't have water yet but I believe it going to look great with these choices.I got them from the T5 guru(Grimm) on RC.

Front to Back(or left to right in the pics)

1)ATI Blue Plus
2)Sfiligoi Super Actinic(03)
3)UV Aquasun 10,000k***which BTW looks pink compared to the Nova's
4)ATI Blue Plus
5)GE 3000k Daylight
6)ATI Blue Plus
7)ATI Aquablu Special 12k

The second row is the same.

One switch(2 bulbs)Super Actinic,blue plus
P7301100.JPG

Second switch(2 more bulbs-Aquasun,3000k)
P7301103.JPG

Third switch(3 bulbs-12k,blue plus x 2)
P7301106.JPG

All the equipment is here...just waiting on some cash for sand,salt and live rock.Thanks again everyone.

sweeeeeet. keep the pics commin. congrats on your light setup. very interested on how they perform.

Will do Jhnrb,I believe that SPS still needs to be 6'' off the bottom of the tank.I get back with everyone on how well SPS does under them....especially the color.My goal is not only for them to do well,but avoid the browning.

Thanks everyone.

patiently anticipating a very interesting and fun build out. keep it comming. your research is paying off in selecting good equipment.

Bump!
Wanted an excuse to keep this thread from getting buried.

Quick update:
Here are the 72'' Aquactinic Constellation(Yeah!) but no bulbs(Boo!).I'll be back with pics of the light hung up and with the bulbs.I'm getting close now,3 heaters and top-off/controller,equipment wise I should be done.

P7191082.jpg

P7191080.jpg

i want one for my tank what are dimensions and does it come with ballast to fire all those lights.

Dfrench the fixture is 72''L x 14''W x 2 1/2''H.It has internal ballast and two very quiet ball bearing fans on the top.3 plugs and no lunar lights.I got the lights/hanging kit(sold separately) for $750 including shipping.The bulb choices were from Reefgeek.com.Over on the T5 thread on RC,the ATI,UV bulbs have the best PAR/Lumens per watt then other T5 bulbs(slimpaq,giessmon).BTW,$250 for the bulbs.Also SJ bulbs makes the best actinic right now.I know,prolly more info then you needed.I'm sure you're love em',if you decide on them.

i'm really loving what t5's been doing for others tanks that i have seen and even my 29 gallon that has them, living in illinois with ameren for power company they have raised rates pretty high here so with 834 watt of light which is 450 in halides and the rest in pc lights t5's are cooler on water temp. and bulbs last longer i could save some money with that setup.

Electricity consumption and heat was my main reason going with T5 over MH.Good luck on yout tanks.You definitely like them.Heck you already know.

good luck

Back