reefy's thread!!! (20g reef)

Reefydude360

Reefing newb
:Cheers:thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way:bowdown:(and is still helping me)!!! I show you my first sw aquarium!!!:^:of course its not finished but its progress!!

Last edited:
018.jpg

Hey I got a question on stoking the tank Im thinking a pair of ocellaris clowns a flame angel and a firefish if the flame isnt ok wit tank size can I replace him wit a bangaii cardinal?

hi guys I thought I should share a pic of my newest addition and first intentional coral in the tank my torch coral :Cheers: :mrgreen: im so exited I got it on monday for eighteen along with three large turbos and waited until it has adjusted and now it looks awsome let me know what u guys and gals think also any tips on it?:^:
003.jpg

004.jpg

looks good, but i think that is actually a Galaxia coral. They have super long sweeper tentacles (as you can see in some of the photos) so make sure it has plenty of room.

And with a 20 gal tank, you are really limited to 3 fish max so I would go with the clowns and fish fish or clowns and cardinal but not all 4.

so well after a week of not getting anything for my tank I go to my lfs and woosh 56 bucks fly away :frustrat: on the bright side my tank has some nice additions now! I bought a fist sized colony of green war coral with three large button polyps on that rock too,a medium sized feather duster, and a softball sized clump of chaeto :bounce:here r some pics!!:mrgreen:
021.jpg

016-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

so yeah I found this little booger and snapped a pic of him can anyone suggest a good DIY crab trap?
014.jpg

and some eye candy a close up on my war coral :mrgreen:
020-1.jpg

A little jar put diagonally in the tank, put some meat in there (shrimp scallop etc) he will go in after the food, but wont be able to climb the glass. (a drinking glass works as well)

Nice pick ups too btw :)

quick question could my war coral be stinging my polyps as they are only half open all my other corals r doing great especially the war coral which is in the same place not really anything else would be bothering them as the tank has no fish.well there is one thing I havent caught that crab is it possible that it is bothering specifically the polyps? just in case I know ur gona ask ammonia=0,nitrite=0,nitrate around 15 also should I dip just in case?

Back