Refractometer finally in

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So as most of you know a couple of my corals havent seemed right last week or so. and then i realized that i have ben slowly bringing my salinity up. i have ben using a hydrometer and i remember when i was back at around .023 my corals where fine. so last 2 months i have ben bringing my salinity up to .025 and i reached near that level last week when my corals seemed to start going in and shrinking. All my other parameters are the best they have ever ben so i knew it was not that. So now i got a refractometer and i calibrated it then took a reading of my DT. it was almost at 027, so i figured with the evap it was provably reaching 028 or 029. So when my hydrometer was at 023 it was actually 025 and that where i wanted to be. lol. So now im slowly going back down. im going to remove 1gl of water from the DT and replace it with rodi water every 3 days or so till i get it down to 025 on the refractormeter, do you guys think i can do it every day or every other day to get it down faster ?? Im reallt hoping this is the issue.

When playing with your Salinity, go slow, too fast can shock a tank. If your fish are fine now, they can handle and appreciate a slow return.

yeah all my fish look fine and are doing great, So what would you sugest in doing ??? how much water evry how often ???? today i did 1 gl out from the DT and 1 gl of new fresh RODI water in, i have yet to test the water but im sure that did not make a huge change in a 125 gl DT with rufly an aditional 30 gl in the sump.

Cool sounds good to me. Hopefully thats whats going on with my corals
Xenia Shrinking and Birdsnest not extending as much, plus my PSP have ben in now for 3 days.

YEY so my PSP finally started comming back out the last couple days. Im guessing it was the salinity. since now that i brought it down its doing better. Refractometer For the Win

Back