Refugium for nano-tank

BL1

Ok, so I'm thinking about setting up the back of my tank like the picture attached. My question is, will adding such a little amount of live rock in the back of my tank like that even make a difference? Since it's such a small volume of water will every pound of rock I can add be beneficial?

Attachments

• 2009_10_12FugeDiagram_NanoCube.jpg
    2009_10_12FugeDiagram_NanoCube.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 9,399
The little bit of rock is more for to give the pods a home rather than for filtration. You only need a few pieces to make the pods happy.

I have the Biocube 29. I have heater in chamber 1, cheato and carbon in chamber 2 with strong light outside back of chamber 2, sponge and pump in chamber 3. I had to scrape paint off back of chamber 2.

Thanks wonton, there will definitely be some cheato hopefully care of biff when I get ready but, also a little bit of dry rock now too

So the lighting is coming from the main area of the tank right?

That looks like a great set up tp me. I have thought of doing that with my Red Sea Max. I be watching to see how this works for you.

No, the part between the back of the tank and the fuge is black but, the back of the fuge is totally clear (they used to paint it black and you'd have to scrape the paint off). So you need a light sourse behind the tank. I haven't decided yet whether I will diy the light back there or just get the LED one. I've heard of some good results with the LED so far and no heat transfer from the light to the tank.

Back