Refugium

active

Reefing newb
i have the following items that i'm trying to fit together - a miracle wet dry filter to be used as stage 1 - water into this unit and a protein skimmer flowing over the divider into a diy algae scrubber then thru the out let on the bottom flowing into a 55 gal tank 1/3 to 1/2 full of water and live rock and macro algae (refugium) with heaters to heat the tank and pumped back up stairs now a few questions for the experts or those with more experience then me
1 over flow boxes there are 2 that will flow down - hard pipe or use hose barbs and tubing of the proper size to match - run 2 into 1 in a t of larger size

2 return what size should the return be and what would be the best way to return water to tank 1 outlet or t off to 2 outlets

3 pump size 8 foot of head pressure is a lot so i'm going to have to go big i think

i'll try and draw what i'm thinking and take a pic of it and post it might help
the amiracle box will sit directly on top of the 55 and flow into it gravity fed
so the 55 will be the refgium

any thoughts additions or comments please feel free to share i ask because i dont know all but have the basics enough to get into trouble

one last thing befor i get asked - the tank upstairs is a 90 gal long - 72 x 14 x 24 tall
thanks everyone for any input there are some awesome threads here and a ton of info - i spend like all my free time here love it

cant edit my post - question 4
drain with both overflows on one side and fill from the other or one over flow on each end and fill in the middle

IMG_9872.jpg

Back