Refugium

i would say chances are...eventually the fish will make its way to the return pump and get stuck and probably die. ur best bet would probly b like a sand sifting goby.

You can have fish in the refuge... but...

but, your return back to the sump or tank has to be well protected from critters other than pods getting removed.

... I keep pods in my refuge... a fish would be a vacuum cleaner that will eat up the pods out of your refuge... so that may need to be considered.

As for a power head... no.... I supply my refuge with a branch tee off my piping that feeds the reactors out of my sump. Then gravity flow back to the sump. There is a valve on each branch off that line so I can control the flow into each branch, including the refuge. There is no need for a power head.. and it would defeat the purpose of having a refuge.

Consider... a second display supplied from the same sump for what ever fish or life forms you are thinking about... it would be an extension of the same eco system and add water volume and more diversity to the whole environment. That would be a GOOD thing.

I plan to add a long thin "frag" tank to my system in the same manner I just discussed... some day.

Last edited:
Back