Remora AquaC Skimmer Setup Question

Sammydog

Reefing newb
I'm looking at getting one of these for my tank. The model I am looking at is recommended for tanks of 80-300 litres. My tank is at the lower of that being 90L (About 30gal).

For those who know how this skimmer functions, to save me buying another pump, could I run the return from the skimmer into my tank top trickle filter? Or does the return just feed back into the tank?

With the protein skimmer, would I need my top filter?

I definitely am getting a protein skimmer in the short term, but am just trying to work out the best way to go. If I need to get another pump in the tank I'll start running short on space.

You shouldn't need any other filter.
Any way you can hook up a sump? If so you could get a better protein skimmer than the remora.

Live rock and a Skimmer are the best filter you could have. You don't need anything else if you have them. Do you have any live rock in you tank?

I have that skimmer, used it on the back of my tank and when I got a sump I just moved it down there, hung on that as well. It does need a little pump to use it. You should get the skimmer box for inside the tank to hide the pump and hose. The water just cascades back into the tank on this little ramp like thing. I have an extra skimmer box if you would like to purchase it....I don't need it now that it is in the sump. Not a bad skimmer for the money.

Back