remounted acan

Ironman

Reef enthusiast
well I finally decided if I wanted my big acan to grow anymore i would have to mount it. So I bought the perfect rock at capacino bay and just got done dremeling the base so it would just fit the rock, it also took alot of glue to make a smooth transition to the new rock. heres a couple pics

with flash

fragrock003.jpg

without flash

fragrock007.jpg

No kidding! I hope you bought stock in super glue gel before purchasing all that glue!! Looks good man. That should start to plate out nicely! Funny though, I can't tell where you cut my frag from???? j/k ! It doesn't look like you had to cut it much at all. That's great. Less stress on the coral. Good job!

Sorry guys, I thought id have to cut it to, but I didnt have to cut any polyps. but it should grow fast now so frags will be coming soon.
It took about 1oz of gel glue. but it was worth it.

1 oz!!! Wow!! The tubes I buy are only .14oz. That was a lot of glue. Like I said Hope you bought stock in glue before hand!! Great job!

I buy the 2oz bottles, and the new one I used is half empty. its not to bad. a bottle is only $10 so it cost me a total of $20 to put it on the rock!

I forgot to say thanks for the frag of that saturday bryan.

Oh oh wait I forgot you didn't give me any :D.

Just kidding so calm down patrick

I dont' have a frag of that one waiting do I? If so sorry I was just more less trying to get the others going by implying you gave me a piece, but reading over it again now I didn't do a good job of that.

Heck who knows I had to get up way to early this mroning, just ignore me.

the piece ive been holding for you that has sprouted 6 baby polyps is of that colony. if you dont get it soon I will be reposesing it!

im discussing the fact that I gave you corals you wont come get, and im making you feel like :pooh:
I dont understand?
I think I need to post a thread to see who loves me!:mrgreen:

no im mad now! youll have to wait! Im in no hurry, just giving you a hard time, you could wait till the meeting in october, that would give your calcium reactor 2 weeks to crash your tank!

Back