Replace what water filter if gagging to death on chlorine?

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
After filling my big jug with water from my PureWaterClub RO system I leaned over the jug and almost gagged to death on chlorine. My lungs still hurt! I tested the water and it was very high in chlorine. (TDS meters do not detect chlorine). I found out that a local water main broke and they have been pouring tons of chlorine into the water.

I'm going to replace the DI resin. My RO membrane is only 7 months old and I have 30G and don't do enough water changes.

Replace DI resin?

If chlorine got thru the carbon filter and into the RO membrane, it's shot. I would replace every filter in the unit including the RO membrane and DI resin.

Wow they must've been really pouring in a ton of chlorine for it to get past all the stages of the filter. Can you imagine drinking that stuff?

In the meantime, if I were you, I'd buy some dechlorinator from the pet store and just start treating all the water before you use it. Either that or buy bottled water until the water company gets things fixed.

yes they are shot. i have the sam filter also and they are desinged to take everything out of the water. so if chlorine got through them they are trash

Back