return pump and powerheads

emmett0122

Reef enthusiast
i am looking to a jabeo DC9000 for my return pump and 2 WP-40's and 2 wp-10's in my 150 gal tank is this enough or to much?

I have a WP-40 in my 120 and it is making some serious waves. I am thinking I am going to get rid of the 2 1500gph Koralias and adding another WP-40. Because you can run them at different power levels it isnt too much, but if you want to run them all at 100% you may be running a bit much. They are freaking sweet though. Cannot go wrong. Below is a video of the waves from one WP40 in my 120.

[youtube]

i have a 6 foot tank so i think one at each end facing each other and the 2 wp-10 on the back aimed at the front glass then i have the 2 return lines for surface movement

really? well i dont want to over do it but on the other hand i dont want to buy to small and need more later down the road. the return pump 2377 gph

One WP40 on each end and the 2 10s will be great. That return pump is awesome though. If needed you could trim them down to lower power. You will be very happy with that setup.

i have the money to do this tank right and get everything at once unlike my 55 that took me 18 months to get everything for it. but if you think i would the 25's would be more then enough i would go that route too just want ti right as the tank will have sps lps leather and softies

Look in to the mp60. With the mp40 I have, when running above 70% gets a little loud. Longer life on the units if not running 100%. Each mp40 is 3800 gph and that is enough flow for your tank by all means, just looking at break downs the harder you run them.

Back