return pump died a sudden death

kmart189

Reefing newb
So my catalina 6000 (1600 gph pump) died :death: a sudden death and well now I need a new one so I need good replacement ideas. Wasn't the biggest fan of this pump and I tried to fix it took it apart cleaned it and tried to turn the impeller and it won't even try to turn the wheel no idea. I am not looking to spend a lot of $. The 1600 gph worked alright, but I wouldn't want to go any less.

Internal or external pump.

Internal-Magdrive,Eheim,Quiet One are good pumps.They all can be ran in-line or in the sump.

Outside the sump I like the Panworlds.Quiet,runs cool and prices are reasonable.Personally,when you get to high GPH,I like to have units in-line instead of in the water.Those big units produce some heat.

I haven't heard of that brand, but for that price, I'd buy it just because. It's a pretty strong pump, but not too strong for a 150 gallon tank.

well i got it hooked up and its quiet and puts out more water than niagra falls pretty powerful i know but maay be able to eliminate a power head now :)

I have looked at that brand as a replacement to Quiet One pumps. Good to hear it is fairly silent. Please keep us posted on its performance. Thanks.

I like the Rio pumps. The Hyperflow or (HF) series have higher quality parts such as rare-earth magnets. Mine has worked fine well over a year.

Back