Ricordea changed colors

Dturner

Reefer Madness
Hey Guys,

I bought a ricordea frag from my LFS yesterday and it was a tan/brown color. I just looked in there and now it's a light blue color, almost turquoise. Is this normal?

I'm concerned because I just bought $100 worth of ricordia online at coralmorphologic.com tonight to be delivered Friday.

Any help would be great.

I've never seen a tan/brown ricordea. And I used to have a tank full of them! Changes in lighting will often change how corals look in different tanks, so it's not uncommon for something to be a different color in the store.

I've ordered from Coral Morphologic several times before, and their pictures are always accurate. But if your lights are very different than what they are using, you may see differences in the corals. I wouldn't worry -- turquoise is much better than brown! It sounds like the LFS maybe was using old bulbs.

Thanks. I think you may be right. I actually ordered 2 batches of 4 rics and 2 different zoas. Really looking forward to getting them Friday.

I have Ricordea that are sort of tan but closer to orange. Bought one frag last fall and it has already divided into 3.

Back