ricordea?

Creben

aspiring reefer
my tank is now a month old, and im considering getting a ricordea.
a LFS i just found has them for cheap.
ORANGE RICORDEA
should i wait until my tank is more established, or can i get him now? :D
my ammonia might be .05 but its really close to 0, as the nitrite and nitrate.
input?

Wait until you are positive the cycle is over but you probably should wait even longer. Even when your tank your tank has finished cycling it is not uncommon for new tanks to have unstable water parms with little mini 'trate spikes and temperature jumps. When your water parms are consistently good --then add corals otherwise you are taking a risk that your expensive corals will die quickly.

Wait until the ammonia is at zero. If you are worried about the rics selling out, maybe you can pay for them now and have your LFS hold them?

i picked up a ric today. my ammonia dropped and im impatient =]
my LFS sold me some calcium buffer, is that good?
i tested for KH and it came out high enough.
what should i be watching in terms of water quality? i want to have a healthy tank

i picked up a ric today. my ammonia dropped and im impatient =]
my LFS sold me some calcium buffer, is that good?
i tested for KH and it came out high enough.
what should i be watching in terms of water quality? i want to have a healthy tank

The ric should be fine. It might be a little upset for a while if the tank isn't just right, but its close. You will always want to test for the following:

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
PH
Salinity
Phosphates

If you're going with a softy only tank then you don't really need to worry too much about testing for anything else. If you plan to add any LPS or SPS you will need to test for Alk, Calc, Mag and possibly dose with suppliments if necessary.

heres my setup now, although i hate the way it looks!
the rock is really close to my light so i will leave it until the ric looks happy =]

Attachments

• Ric, Zoo, and Polyp.jpg
    Ric, Zoo, and Polyp.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 344
Back