Rid-Ich

bkc824

Reefing newb
Ive been using rid-ich without realizing that its not meant for live rock or inverts...oops.

Pistol shrimp is still fine but my live rock looks a little dusty..

oops, run carbon and do water changes, with luck the malachite green won't dye your silicon blue, its very toxic stuff, really good in freshwater but marine tanks is very risky

Ive been using rid-ich without realizing that its not meant for live rock or inverts...oops.

Pistol shrimp is still fine but my live rock looks a little dusty..

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm sorry, but do you ever read labels? :question:

But this is your tank right? You are responsible for what lives in it and what goes in it. And im kinda confused, didnt you have to read the label to figure out the dosing?

I dont want to sound like im ragging out you, i just want to help you but you have to meet me halfway.

Anyways, now that you have read the article are you ready to develop a plan to combat it?

And Boys, i know you mean well, but can you lay down your guns and let me sort this out?

Maybe you could start by telling him he's overstocked :mrgreen:....like everyone has been saying .....just my :twocents:

I know this OhNo, i have been following this whole thing. However i was hoping that i could help him come to that whole conclusion on his own, because telling him hasnt been going so well.

I kinda think he's been forum jumping looking for that one person to tell him his stock is fine and its just " coincidence" he now has ich .......i hope its not you:wink:

Edit: and don't get me started on QTing....:lol:

Last edited:
Its not going to be me, i hope you know that. But sometimes people dont like to be told stuff. I want to help him understand why he is overstocked and what he can do about the ich. Then he can decide what to do, and if he ignores me then at least i tried.

Its not going to be me, i hope you know that. But sometimes people dont like to be told stuff. I want to help him understand why he is overstocked and what he can do about the ich. Then he can decide what to do, and if he ignores me then at least i tried.

Yeah ,i do :Cheers:....and its nice to see your" attempting " to help this person...hope they appreciate it

you can lead a horse to water, but look out for the hooves lol

STOP IT! that isnt helping anything and your making what im trying to do harder!!!!!!!!!

Please, unless you have something helpful to say, dont say anything at all!

Yes, i want to help the guy and when you keep making comments like that the my chances of helping him and getting something productive done go down.

I would like to give him one last chance for help and understanding, but he has to meet me halfway and comments like that are what are going to keep the "hooves" coming out instead of the head going forward.

I also would like to point out that if a horse doesnt want to go to water, you cant drag them either.

somehow this seems to be all about what you want, thats a little one sided don't you think? the tone on this site seems to be a little caustic towards peoples mistakes, and your battering of people isn't really helping, your a member not a staff so maybe try not commandeering threads and leave discipline to the mods?

Back