Ridiculous evaporation rate! Help!

slm32123

Reefing newb
Hey I don't know why. But in my 75 gallon tank with a 20 long sump/fuge, I am loosing probably at least a gallon and a half of water to evaporation every 10 hours or so I really hope you guys can help me out.

that would sound about the same as me.. I lose about 5 gallons a day in my 150.. sometimes a little more sometimes a little less but in that area.. so i wouldnt worry to much about it ...

I lose a minimum of 5 gallons a day out of my 180. You are right along the line of where you should be.

On days that it would evaporate that fast, usually it's hard day. And on hard day, evaporation keep the water cooler. You do want that!

I know it keeps the water cooler by doing so. But the temp of the room it is in never gets about 74 so its always cool, and it evaporates that much even during the winter!

Well, the drier the air, the more it'll evaporate. Really has nothing to do with temperature, as far as I know. In Alaska our air during the winter is very dry, so evaporation increases. What's the humidity like there?

Back