Rimless 50 - LED Reef Hgih Quality Video Thread - BNR34RB26DETT

BNR34RB26DETT

Reefing newb
Well i figured I would start a build thread. I sped enough time on this site anyways. :)
This is my 2nd tank

Its been up and running for a year now but its never too late to start a thread right?

50 gal seaclear rimless acrylic tank
Fluval 306 External Filter
Reef Octopus BH1000 HOB Protein Skimmer
LED 36" 2600 Aquarium Light Marine Bright Reef Cichlid 42x 1 Watt Lunar 90 cm

Please let me know if Im making any mistakes or if you recognize room for improvement. im here to learn.
I only have a few years of reed experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xP4VQbrV2o8

Well, we do want pictures to drool over. Only advice I have is get rid of the canister and replace it with a sump. If you cant/dont want a sump, ditch it anyways. Make sure you have a couple good sized powerheads and at least 50 lbs of live rock because thats your filtration. As for buying rock, most of us use 90%+ dry or base rock at 1/4-1/3 of the price and seed it with a few lbs of live rock. Itll become live eventually.

Other than that, just get some pictures up so we can see!

Not going to pull the "tang police" card, but I will say it to get it out there... Tank looks great; but a 50 gallon is far to small for that tang. When it grows, it will be similar to an elephant in a cat carrier. I would re-home it, or upgrade to a larger tank (minimum of 125 gallons). You could add 3 or 4 more smaller fish in replace of the tang to give your tank more color and movement. Just my 2 cents.

IMG_0003_zps13df9b50.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsd2b2c6f5.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsf98b5bf1.jpg

You could have helped a lot of hungry african children :D :D :D...

Yes, I know, i have terrible humor , but then again.. I am kinda Russian :D :D

P.s. F Greenpeace :D , ( I cancelled my donations to them, and I have a reason for that) ...

Back