RIP Betty

Bifferwine

I am a girl
My oldest snail died last night. :cry: Betty had been with me since I set up my first 55 gallon tank, nearly 10 years ago. She was about the size of a tennis ball at the time of her death. She was preceded in death by Bertha the snail, whom I'd also had in my first tank. (Bertha passed away shortly after I moved tanks last year). Both Betty and Bertha were Mexican turbos, and boy did they love to eat!

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to remember her by (I never bothered to photograph the snails), but Betty lives on as part of my plate coral, which ate her body before I saw it and fished it out. :Cheers:

Oh it's okay. I've not really grieving. It was a snail, you know... I'm not sure if they have "personalities" or not. ;) Just thought it was pretty amazing how long I had her!

This is the saddest thread I've read in such a long. I'm so sorry for your loss Biff. :( I hope you'll be able to continue in the hobby. When my tank drained and I lost everything I know how I felt. With your loss I can only imagine. So tragic. Again my condolences.

:mrgreen:

This is the saddest thread I've read in such a long. I'm so sorry for your loss Biff. :( I hope you'll be able to continue in the hobby. When my tank drained and I lost everything I know how I felt. With your loss I can only imagine. So tragic. Again my condolences.

Thank you David. Your sympathy means everything to me. Honestly, it has been difficult to even get through this day. My first day without Betty. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I was thinking about her all night long. So I dragged myself into work this morning, but my boss sent me home after my bouts of hysterical crying eventually led to bouts of uncontrollable vomiting. I can't help it. That's how I mourn. Since Betty passed away, I haven't been able to eat, drink or shower. I am starting to question why I am even here, if my life is even worth it anymore. I mean, I thought I was broken up when my grandma died last year, but then Betty had to go and top that experience... Nothing matters to me anymore. I don't care about my remaining pets or Christian. I look into his eyes, and all I see is...nothing. Just blankness. Without Betty, I am truly lost and alone.

You just need some time, Biff. Time heals everything so it is said. I don't know however in this case if it will help, but really that's all you've got. Please for the sake of the other members on here don't do anything drastic. Just remember Betty will always be with you. Always.

Omg.... I'm so sorry.

May Betty live on through in our thoughts and our prayers forever and ever amen.

Maybe you should get a tribute tattoo.

Back