RIP Burton :(

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by Sharkie, May 3, 2009.

1. Sharkie

Sharkie The Damsel Defender

today I woke up to check on my fish and my damsel is dead... so i was a little upset about that but then i started cleaning around my tank and found my dear little eel curled up into a perfect S all dried out. I havent seen him since we brought home the damsel and i think i figured out how he got out...

My tank is pretty much eel proof... there is NO way he could get out, the lid covers the entire thing, not even a crack for him to squeeze out... but then i remembered my dad brought me home some fish weds night and had floated them for a while... thats when i think he got out. i wasn't home, it was yet another of dads surprizes and because dad doesnt know they get out for no reason i think burton decided to go exploring and fell out. :( I wish i would've noticed it sooner, i figured he was just hiding in one of his many tunnels and had read they dont eat everyday so i figured he was just hiding out... Dx i just can't believe it... he was so cool too...

dad says he'll get me another one but its not the same ya know?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aC0CRKR-Zl8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aC0CRKR-Zl8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RIP lil dude.... rip.

funny to think i got so attached to a fish, they are like my lil kids... my rents and bf think i'm crazy but whatever lol you guys understand!

Sharkie, May 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Sharkie

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Hate to hear that Sharkie.

yote, May 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Sharkie

mng777777 Shark Wrangler Wannabe

sorry for your loss!

mng777777, May 3, 2009
  4. Sharkie

Bifferwine I am a girl

Sorry to hear about your eel! It sucks to lose a friend.

Bifferwine, May 3, 2009
  5. Sharkie

JAG107

dried up carpet surfers are very sad to find. Sorry to hear it :(

JAG107, May 4, 2009
  6. Sharkie

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Sorry for the loss...they're all our babies. Heck, I was sad when one of my first hermit crabs died!! It's cool though how into the tank your dad is. What a sweet man. As I recall, he bought you Burton, didn't he? Or was it one of the fish?

wontonflip, May 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question