RIP diamond sleeper goby :(

Pilotkev55

Reefing newb
just got it yesterday, this morning I found him dead on the ground outside the tank. He jumped out of my 60 cube rimless aqurium. I did not know they were jumpers. Bummer

thats to bad about your fish, but if you dont have some kind of a shield over your tank to stop that then you have a tank full of fish that havent realized they can jump out and sooner or later another one will figure it out. all fish can jump. some more willing then others but they all jump

right after i read about the sleeper goby and responded i went and looked at my tank and found my bycolor blenny laying on the top. he managed to find his way through the hole cut in the top of my tank where the skimmer pipe comes out. he was laying in a puddle of water and was still breathing but was all dry on one side. i put him back in and he swam around for a bit then went and hid. i havent seen him since. i think he probably died. i miss the little guy. he was a character. i have egg crate cut to fit on my tank with plexiglass laying on top. he had to work hard to find a way out.

Sorry for your loss. I have never understood the need for fish to try carpet surfing.

Back