risking criticism about my anenomes

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ive had an anemone in my tank for um...... about 3 weeks doing good and all BUT he wont stay still :grumble:

would it be safe to glue it to a rock or would i affect it

i been tempted to glue it but in a way im scared i may kill it ?????:question:

Definitely do not glue it. It's moving around because it's not happy. It's not happy because your tank is only a few months old. Anemones do not do well in new tanks, they need established, mature tanks at least 10 months to a year old. You can either take it back to the store or continue to let it move around. If you just let it move around it'll either die eventually because its needs are not being met or it will finally settle. If you have had it for 3 weeks and it still has not settled, I'd put my money on it dying.

What kind of anemone is it?

ya for real dont glue it. The ones I have had all moved around only for a few days then settle in. Have you fed it yet? If not try to give it a piece of krill maybe that will help.

well lemme rephrase myself here it did settle but i didnt really like where it settled

also i keep moving my Powerheads because they keep creating dead spots in my sand

when it did settle it settled at the very back of my tank and behing a rock:grumble:

BTW heres a pic of it like last week
IMG_0498.JPG

they are funny critters one of my LTA settled in the back of the tank but it latched on to a rock so a couple weeks after it stopped moving I just turned the rock around and it hasnt moved since. However I have a BTA that no matter where I move the rock its on it goes to a spot on the rock that doesnt have direct light on it. So I guess what Im saying is they stay put once happy. I might have just got lucky on the LTA when I moved the rock. I have noticed with my power heads they are koralias that a little change in angle makes a big difference in water movement

they are funny critters one of my LTA settled in the back of the tank but it latched on to a rock so a couple weeks after it stopped moving I just turned the rock around and it hasnt moved since. However I have a BTA that no matter where I move the rock its on it goes to a spot on the rock that doesnt have direct light on it. So I guess what Im saying is they stay put once happy. I might have just got lucky on the LTA when I moved the rock. I have noticed with my power heads they are koralias that a little change in angle makes a big difference in water movement

yeah i notice that too about the koralias:grumble:

If the anemone has settled somewhere you don't like, you could try moving the rock it's attached to. Do not try to take the anemone off of the rock, you may tear its foot which will kill it.

Something you could try would be to cut a large piece of pvc and place it around the nem. It would keep it from moving around to somewhere you dont want it. Seen it work for some people =)

mine moved around for a week before it settled into a spot it liked ... now it is flourishing and huge ... just be patient ... i know sometimes its hard to wait

Back