RO/DI help?

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Hi -

My RO/DI unit arrived today (yay!!). It came with an adapter to attach to a garden hose, but it doesn't fit any of the faucets in my apartment (and the outside hose attachment at my place is turned off for the winter). What do I do? I have no idea how to get it hooked up to a water supply at this point! :frustrat:

Thanks!

Best way is to bring to local plumbing shop as there are many different sizes of connections. Bring (or show a picture of the connection type) and they can give you the appropriate adapter. If you are a handy DIY, you could probably tap directly into a water line (but that can be tricky)

Not to worry- plumbing or hardware store should have the appropriate connection in stock

Hope this helps!

I actually just figured out this a few days ago... give me about 30 mins and i will have a boat load of pics to help ya out!

https://plus.google.com/photos/1120...s/5701751702412545953?authkey=CP261MWMi43GwwE

That should work... let me know if it doesn't...

they r in reverse order...
last pic is my sink with the aerator taken out
then the washer that came on top of aerator , notice the lip.. it sits inside the lip of it and goes over the top to create a water tight seal
then 6 pics of the adapter i bought at my local ace hardware, one side fits into the sink, and the other fits into the plastic adapter for the outside hose... it has a washer in it but there is room for the first washer i showed you... the first washer will sit inside the adapter and on the top, i tried every other thing imaginable and my unit leaked like Niagara. this works 100% never had a leak sense. you can see what i am talking about with combining the two washers in the 3rd to last pic, see how the washer sits on top of the whole thing... then you just assemble it all together and wala! you go RO

Wow, awesome, thanks guys!! I'll head to my local hardware store after work tomorrow to get an adapter and then follow the pics to connect it to my faucet. You guys rock!

I put a T on my water for my kitchen sink and hooked it up that way...there is a RO faucet now on our kitchen sink, then a line running down stairs...back up the the ice maker and then all the way to my tanks in the opposite corner of the basement...all I do is turn a switch and RO water goes strait into my tanks...hehehe...

Back