RO/DI System?

You can get a cheap TDS meter for around $15. You don't need an inline one. With the hand-held ones, all you need to do is dip it in the water. You will need one if you have an RODI unit -- it's the only way to know for sure if your filters are working the way they should.

You can get a cheap TDS meter for around $15. You don't need an inline one. With the hand-held ones, all you need to do is dip it in the water. You will need one if you have an RODI unit -- it's the only way to know for sure if your filters are working the way they should.

Biff,

Any suggestions on what one to get?

i got mine from bulkreefsupply that hooks to the water input so you can see what the water is going into the unit and one lead that hooks to the output. it was 24 bucks i think

Biff,

Any suggestions on what one to get?
Are you going to the frag swap next weekend? I have a brand new, unopened TDS meter you can have for $10.

tds-meter.jpg

Are you going to the frag swap next weekend? I have a brand new, unopened TDS meter you can have for $10.

tds-meter.jpg

Capt,

Yes, I'll def be at the frag swap next Saturday. If you can bring it for me that would be great and much appreciated! :bowdown: I'll have to talk to you prior to the swap to find out what kind of booth/stand you'll have so I know where to find you. I'm a bald guy w/ a big red beard, you can't miss me...lol

You got it. I'll bring it with me, but we'll have to go out to my car to get it. TFP isn't allowing any dry goods into the store.

I'm not sure exactly what table I'll be at, but everyone who registered at www.fragswapper.com for the swap will have name tags printed out for them. I'm not really bringing any corals besides those that I listed at fragswapper and people reserved from me.

You got it. I'll bring it with me, but we'll have to go out to my car to get it. TFP isn't allowing any dry goods into the store.

I'm not sure exactly what table I'll be at, but everyone who registered at www.fragswapper.com for the swap will have name tags printed out for them. I'm not really bringing any corals besides those that I listed at fragswapper and people reserved from me.

Ok, I'll just look for your name tag. I'll take a look at your corals as well. Maybe I'll be taking one or two off your hands.

Between $50 - $100. IMO it's the only way to go. I know most houses don't have the 50-60psi required to make an RO unit work correctly. It might trickle some water out, but it's not going to pump the spec'd GPD with only 25psi. Mine was literally DRIPPING out until I put the pump on. Before the pump it was doing about 1g every 2hrs. Now it does right at spec - 4gph

im not sure just how much pressure my house's tap has...

Test it. It's easy. Go to the closest big box and get a water pressure gauge. Get the proper adapters to hook it right up to your kitchen faucet. Remove the screen on the faucet and screw the pressure gauge on. Turn on the cold water. :mrgreen:

I bought mine from Filter Direct and had no problems at all. The only thing you may want to consider doing is remove the 2nd DI cart. The water should be 0 TDS after it comes out of the 1st unit. I don't see what good the 2nd cart will do. I would only use 1 and when that is shot, put in the new "spare".
Be careful when your refilling those DI carts. I cracked mine by over tightening it and had to buy a new refillable cart.

That's a good idea Larry. Why would there be a need for a 2nd di cartridge when one will do the trick. I'll take it off and use as a backup. Would you reccommend using tefflon tape on the threads of the di cartridge when putting the cap back on so you don't have to tighten it so much to stop leaking?

I'm assuming you were able to return the unit from purewaterclub?

Ahhhhh Chris...that's a whole can of worms in itself. They have stopped responding to my emails and have made no attempt to help me get credit. I'm definitely sending the product back until I have a resonse from them. I'll sooner uses it for replacement parts or try to fix it and have a 2nd unit or give it to my brother for his tank. I've reported them to the better business bureau and am awaiting the next step.

Back