RO/DI system

chichimom79

reef junkie
I've combed the forum but haven't found too much feedback on the best RODI unit for the money. I am undecided between Pure Water Club and The Filter Guys. What systems do you all have and would you have gone a different way looking back?
Thanks in advance for commenting

Bulk Reef Supply.

I did a lot of research and found what they offered was what I was looking for and it was a top notch system. Great support. I bought mine on black friday and got a better deal than most days, but it is a great unit and I have no regrets. Free shipping on $175 order.

I would also second bulk reef supply. I think the filter guys are actually the same company as PWC, and they have a not so hot customer service record. BRS on the other hand has great customer support.

Even up here in Canada, the Bulk Reef Supply, was the best price, the best value, the best service.
I recommend the 5 part system, just what got and love.

Their kits are way too easy to set-up, and come with everything hoses, any and all adapters. As you can tell, I can't say enough good.

Check out BRS TV, it's on their site, they just did a video on setting up RO/DI

I've bought all my stuff from Filterguys and have never had a problem, but I've never needed any customer service so I don't know.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably go bulk reef supply since I get 90% of my stuff from them now; they're top notch. Oh, and I'd go bigger than a 75gpd like the one I bought, takes forever to make water; get the biggest you can afford.

I also got the 75 gpd unit. If you are setting up as needed pretty slow, but I bough 2 32 gallon cans and have that ready at all times and I fell I; have enough.

Just throwing another option out there for comparison.

I went with the spectrapure from Marine Depot.

SpectraPure® MaxCap RO/DI System w/ Pressure Gauge & Purity Monitor

I think they raised the price though, I am sure I didn't pay that much money for it. I liked the dual built in TDS meters, this way I can monitor whats going in.. and whats going out.

I agree with one of the previous posters... it takes a long time to make water. usually what I do is make the RO water in the morning, then mix up the salt in the afternoon, and let it mix/heat over night before I do my water change ( testing the salinity to make sure its spot on ). Its not too bad once you get over the shock of how slow 90g per day actually is.

I do 5gal water changes every Sun in a 5gal home depot bucket. In the bucket.. I have a heater and powerhead for mixing.

Good Luck

Back