RO/DI unit hookup ideas.. how did you do yours?

chipmunkofdoom2

Reefing newb
Title says it all. I got my RO/DI unit today and I'm not really a fan of how they're telling me to hook it up.. I don't want to pierce any pipes or anything. I'm thinking about using a standard garden hose type hookup and hook it up to where our washer gets it's water, but I still need ideas and to see physical examples of how it's done.

So! If you could, please post up (preferably pictures) how you hooked you RO/DI unit to it's water source, regardless of how you did it. Thanks guys!

I put in a line with a toliet shut off on mine. You can get a splicer for the washing machine hook up and use that. If you can't find one buy the washing machine stuff at home depot check the gardening stuff. I like mine by the washer so I can use the waste water for laundry.

Okay, so I went to Home Depot yesterday and today. After buying a couple wrong fittings (I hate not being mechanically inclined :grumble:) I finally have a setup that will work.

p1010766jv0.jpg

From left to right:

Splitter so that I don't have to unhook the washer whenever I want to use my unit.

Garden hose to 3/4 inch adapter (which, I found extremely odd and frustrating at the same time.. garden hoses are 3/4"... why make the threading different so it won't fit on other 3/4" hardware??! :frustrat:)

Ball valve (so I don't have to unhook the unit when I or someone else wants to do a wash)

3/4" from the ball valve to 1/2"

1/2" to 1/4" tubing quick release

A pic of it all assembled

p1010767kg6.jpg

I probably could have bought an adapter for cheaper, but meh. I don't really care. Haha. I wanted something that I could use immediately and not wait for it to get shipped here. I've lived and learned for my next unit that I buy.

Back