Ro Water filter, advice needed

Cathic

Fish Wrangler
So I have an RD 102 filter from Filter Direct and was hoping someone might have some advice with a problem im having. I JUST moved and to install the filter in my new house I had to connect it to my faucet via adapters (that was a nightmare in itself) now that I have the filter connected the PSI meter wont move (supposed to be at 40 psi minimum). However, the filter is still pushing water out testing at (000 ppm) on my TDS meter.

Also, on another note we had a thread started wondering whether the discarded water from a ro unit would have less TDS in it than the input water (it doesnt) I tested this and showed that my water which tests at 079 ppm nearly doubles to 129 ppm from the discharge. Just though i would share.

TL;DR does the water pressure to my filter really matter if it is pushing water out testing at 000 ppm?

I believe you are just not going to achieve the rated GPD. You can get a booster pump if you wanted.

Who was saying that it would have less TDS on the discharge end than on the input end? The TDS has to go up. The mechanical filters are really just going to remove particulates and not dissolved solids from the input water.

Thank you so much bj for the answers, and the link.

And I can't remember who all was involved in that thread, someone was trying to find a use for the waste water as either drinking water or water for plants or something, and asked wouldnt the waste water not have less since its been through 3 stages already.

Last edited:
Hey Cathic, I've got that same RO unit. I can't r end er where I read it so I can't share the link but I've read somewhere that if you're not in the operational range for the RO unit it can affect the lifespan of you're he membranes.

Back