Roberts Upgrade!!! 45 to 150 Thread

Damn that is a nice tank you have started. I love how the stand blends in with the wall. I wish you could have kept both tanks up and running though.

That is a nice looking tank. What are you using for lighting, and what is the brand name of that temperature control unit. I really like its appearance. Will it handle the load of both a chiller and 500 to 60O watts of heaters? Please keep the posts and pictures coming as your tank has got my interest. I do not remember your fuge/sump I will have to go back and read the back posts.

The Control switch is made by Omega.Im not hooking up a chiller,i dont really need to.The tempature never drops below 77 and never goes above 78.5.The controller just controls the heaters in the sump and the fans.
The lights are Odyssea MH 15K 3x250 watt 4x96 Watts Actinic,8 bluemoon LEDS, 1134 total watts.The sump light is just a simple 13" Odyssea 50/50 24 watt.

The rock is starting to turn all purple.But my Leather is starting to look not so good.Hasnt been opened since sunday night.Is that enough light were he is
HPIM1369.JPG

Heres a better picture for you to see how far the lights are from the leather.
HPIM1394.JPG

I would give it time to adjust. My leather took a week. Since I've been fighting red algae it's been closed more often. I noticed today it started to open again.

With 250 Watt halides you will more readily supply to much light to a leather rather than too little. I would go with around 24 inches with a leather, probably no higher than 16 to 18 inches from top of water. Your lights are what maybe 6 to 7 inches off the water? What was your previous lighting. If it was not halides or a heavy bank of T-5's I would place some screen over the top of the tank for a few weeks. Maybe two layers and remove one after a week and the second one a weel later. it is usually btter to do some screening than it is to move corals around in more than you have to. Most will take pretty intense lighting if they are eased into it over a little time.

I agree with Fatman, I'd move the leather to the bottom of the tank. They do not like a lot of light.

That being said, it's not unusual for leathers to retract their polyps or close up for several days or even a week at a time. Mine do it a lot. Give it some time and see if it bounces back.

Well the tank is doing good!!!!:DJust got a little case of cyano.My little clown fish has also disappeared.:grumble:Other then that its doing good.I added a Yellow Leather and brain coral.
HPIM1415.JPG

HPIM1411.JPG

My finger leather is also doing good.It just needed time to adjust to the MH lights.
HPIM1417.JPG

I was doing so good i decided to frag it.:D
HPIM1418.JPG

HPIM1419.JPG

HPIM1420.JPG

Tank is lookinhgg great. Love the color of the new leather. Is the coral to the far right a colt? It sure looks good.

Hello Everybody!!!Sorry for not updating the progress of the tank.You prob. think everything died and i gave up!!!:frustrat:I just been so busy with work and other things(not to mention my camera broke and i have to use this piece of :pooh: from like 10 years ago.)Its only got two mega pixels and is horrible.I have pics but they look bad.

Everything is actually doing really well.I lost one clown and my royal gramma.Too much stress on the transfer of the tanks.Since then all is good.Im stating to get the good Coraline everywhere too.Very exciting:Cheers:

UUmmmm the only prob i do have is my Spaghetti Algae in my fudge seems to be,i guess dying.It isn't growing anymore and turning white(looks like roots almost).Soooo whats the prob?Too much light, not enough light, too much water flow, not enough water flow?I got a 24watt 50/50 compact light.

Also I'm starting to see a lot and i mean a lot of tiny snails(without shells) all over the tank.Another type of Snail witch seems to be shelled snails about the size of a Bald point pen.Tons of really small shrimp too.Any of them Harmful?
Ok these pics suck and dosnt give the tank credit but owell!!!!
My latest addition and really only addition.Neon green Candy Cane
Picture091.jpg

Before
HPIM1420.JPG

After:
Colt has grown mad crazy.The xenia in the middle is the i fragged months ago.look at it now.I know you don't need to frag them,But i needed the pratice.My frags of the finger leather is also doing great.

Picture095.jpg

Good Coraline starting grow all over.
Picture096.jpg

Full tank shot
Picture098.jpg

Again this camera is :pooh:Not only is it just two megapixels, it got a green look to it.It will do untill i get a new one.

Last edited:
Back