Rock Anemone

cvcdrk

Reefing newb
I've been looking into what the next big addition to my tank should be.

I want to wait awhile before I add in any new fish, so I was exploring other options.

Unfortunately, my options are fairly limited with my current stock list and my tank size.

So in my research I learned a little more about rock anemones and I found these beautiful:
Anemones

This one is my favorite so far:
Key Lime Pie Rock Anemone - WYSIWYG

Such fantastic colors. The nice thing about them seems to be that they are hardier than other anemones, they don't wander around the aquarium and they like to sit on the sand.

Anyone have any experience with rock anemones?

This would be a down-the-line addition. I would probably wait at least a couple more months before adding it, but its never too early to start learning about them.

LEDs

Right now have Marineland Reef Capable LEDs....hopefully in the next month or so I'll be upgrading to the Taotronics dimmable LEDs....but it shouldn't matter for the rock anemone. They prefer a little shade from what I've read and do best on the substrate.

Only thing I'm worried about is my scooter swimming over it. Anyone think she will know enough to avoid that?

I had several of them in my old 75, they're very beautiful and hardy. I'm not sure where you read about them liking to be in the substrate but, they're going to make their home on your rockwork. Mine stayed anywhere from the bottom of my rocks to about 1/2 way up. They can do ok with less lighting then most anemones but, they are still nems and are photosynthetic. They also prefer areas with less flow, mine walked around for about 2-3 weeks when I first got it till it found a spot it liked.

Very cool. The center looks like a mini maxi and the edges look like a more typical nem.

Yeah. I ordered from them before and it was fantastic.

They have some amazing stuff...sometimes they have colonies that would go for thousands but they sell very quickly I think.

Back