Rock Survey Thing for Gobies

GassyMon

Wazzuuup
I have some pictures of my tank and my gobie (in tank for 6 months) that I am getting worried about. How should the rocks be arranged for him to find a and claim a spot. Right now he sleeps with the hermit crabs who have ripped up his tail and top fin. How would you set your rocks up?
1.) Shelfs where the rock is stacked with a bunch of layers (Kind of what I have)
2.) Wall type with a bunch of rocks that are just stacked layers
3.) Ground Coverage and get as much ground surface covered with the rocks?

Attachments

• DSC01474.jpg
    DSC01474.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC01481.jpg
    DSC01481.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC01476.jpg
    DSC01476.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC01478.jpg
    DSC01478.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC01479.jpg
    DSC01479.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 321
The watchman goby should dig its own hole. Mine had several in the tank and I've never purposly put the rocks a certain way for it. Have you ever seen it in a hole or crevace?

The watchman goby should dig its own hole. Mine had several in the tank and I've never purposly put the rocks a certain way for it. Have you ever seen it in a hole or crevace?

Nope I havnt seen him dig a hole. I've seen him the back of the tank chillen but the shrimps I have chase him out. I've never seen him sift sand in his mouth eather.

I would see about finding a pistol shrimp. They work in cooperation with the goby and dig the hole while the goby watches out and they share the hole at night. However sometimes it is really hard to find a pistol shrimp at the LFS.

Nope I havnt seen him dig a hole. I've seen him the back of the tank chillen but the shrimps I have chase him out. I've never seen him sift sand in his mouth eather.

You wont see it sifting sand since they're not a sand sifting goby, however, they should dig a hole. You can always try taking something a little thicker than a pencil and make a few holes at the base of rocks where it likes to hang out. Maybe it might just start living it one of them. Who knows?

Back