Rockstacker vs Le Crab!

RockStacker

Reefing newb
I saw a possible nuisance crab (gray, hairy, pointed pincers, etc) retreat into one of the caves of a mushroom rock.

So for now the rock is in a HOB mini-fuge and will wait it out until the crab starves and decides to come out of hiding.
Cruel? maybe, but he stowed away into my tank and it will be his fate.

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

I had the same issue...I did a fresh water dip...didnt work then speared it with a box cutter...that worked...:shock:

I figured I'd give it a week and also try to add some baited traps inside the mini-fuge.

I tried a water bottle trap last night in the DT and guess what I caught by this morning? 5 hermit crabs, a nassarius snail and my cleaner shrimp.
The crab I wanted to trap was either too smart or not interested in the shrimp bait.

If traps and fuge do not work, I will have to frag the rock where he's hiding in.

Well, I got the crab out. And it uhm... died due to an "accident' lol.

I took the rock out and decided to break it up since the little bastard would not come out of hiding.
Of course I did not want to break the rock into a dozen little pieces and scatter all the mushrooms.

Cue "The Force Theme" and a voiceover from an old actor...
"Feel the energies emanating from inside the rock. The tiny electrical pulses as the muscles twitch.
NO!, thats too much you are now feeling the bacteria, turn it down a bit... yeees there it is feeling safe and secure in its little cave.
Now drive that chisel into the rock to expose that creature."

So I did, and wham! Mushroom rock broke into three pieces, with the poor crab cut in half by chisel blade.

Force theme stops and the old voice comes back "You idiot!"

Well, I got the crab out. And it uhm... died due to an "accident' lol.

I took the rock out and decided to break it up since the little bastard would not come out of hiding.
Of course I did not want to break the rock into a dozen little pieces and scatter all the mushrooms.

Cue "The Force Theme" and a voiceover from an old actor...
"Feel the energies emanating from inside the rock. The tiny electrical pulses as the muscles twitch.
NO!, thats too much you are now feeling the bacteria, turn it down a bit... yeees there it is feeling safe and secure in its little cave.
Now drive that chisel into the rock to expose that creature."

So I did, and wham! Mushroom rock broke into three pieces, with the poor crab cut in half by chisel blade.

Force theme stops and the old voice comes back "You idiot!"

:Buds:

Back