Rockstacker's 120g Build

My Scooter dragonet 'Peacock' starting to prowl again after being transferred to the new tank.
He seems to be enjoying the tank upgrade just fine.
DSC_0021-4.jpg

Finally added an RKL to my setup.

IMG_0782.jpg

Right now it is controlling the heater, cooling fan, DT lights and fuge light.
I added mounting beams on the inside of the cabinet to support additional PC4 modules in the future.

Just a few photo updates.

FTS:
DSC_0026.jpg

Left side. I'm setting this up as a zoa garden on the bottom half. Not sure yet what to do with the top half - perhaps a montipora/pocillopora section.
DSC_0046.jpg

Middle section. This is mostly for the fish to swim through and seek shelter. The top portion is designed mainly as a perch for the fish to rest on.
DSC_0047.jpg

The right section will have mushrooms on the bottom half and some LPS on the top half. I want to add frogspawn and hammer corals in this section.
DSC_0048.jpg

Duncan coral. This appears to be growing a new polyp every week, its getting crowded at the top.
DSC_0016.jpg

I'm trying out a goniopora. I hope this one fares better than my last one a few years ago.
DSC_0044.jpg

Not quite sure how I feel about this one. I'm still giving it time to recover and color up.
DSC_0043.jpg

Favite? This only appears to wake up and show tentacles at night.
DSC_0039.jpg

More favites that prefer the night life:
DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Chalice:
DSC_0036.jpg

Mushroom - I was told this was a St. Thomas (?)
DSC_0028.jpg

More mushrooms
DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

More photos:

New Torch coral:
DSC_0019.jpg

Toadstool leather
DSC_0017.jpg

Clove polyps - getting tangled up in algae or dinoflagellate strings.
DSC_0015.jpg

View from the left side:
DSC_0011.jpg

Green toadstool close up
DSC_0007.jpg

Green zoanthids
DSC_0004.jpg

Orange zoanthids
DSC_0002.jpg

Just some updates to show some of the supporting equipment I have for the main display tank.

I am trying out a new copepod growout tank in the garage.
I started with a bottle of live tigger pods.
I put half the bottle in my tank, and the other half I put in the growout tank.

This experiment started about two weeks ago.

I partitioned a 10 gallon tank into two sections.
The left section is being fed with Artemia Nauplii Replacement Golden Pearls - first mixed thoroughly in saltwater and then poured into the tank.
The right section is fed live phytoplankton (assorted strains).
IMG_0875.jpg

So far I have not seen any significant difference between the two sections in terms of pod growth, but the golden pearls gets real gunky fast. I think I will ditch it the next time I change the water and replace with live phyto.

A close up of one section of the growout tank.
IMG_0833.jpg

Store bought live phyto gets expensive over time, so I decided to try culturing my own.
I have never tried this before so I'm not sure how well this will work out :)

IMG_0874.jpg

I am starting with two different strains, Nannochloropsis and Tetraselmis.

And here is my old 50 gallon tank, now being set up as a quarantine tank in the garage.
Overkill? Maybe, but I have all the equipment already so I decided to use it instead of buying a smaller tank + stand.
IMG_0877.jpg

Some new additions to the tank:

A large rock with blue zoanthids. There appear to be three different color morphs on the rock.
bluezoarock.jpg

Another view of the blue zoa rock:
bluezoarocks-blueandpurple.jpg

I made some frags from the large rock just so that I have backups, or trade fodder to recoup the cost of buying the blue zoa rock.
bluezoafrags.jpg

Favia colony with another polyp colony growing on the right side (plus one zoanthid).
favia-large.jpg

Acrozoa? :) Hey if I can't grow acroporas, there's always these guys LOL.
I like the idea, I might do this for a GSP too.
zoanthid-acrozoa.jpg

A frag of the polyp colony that was growing on the favia rock. I broke off a couple of pieces from the favia rock, just in case.
I think it may be tubipora but I am not 100% sure.
smallpolyps-tubipora-maybe3.jpg

Some cool neon green clove polyps:
neoncloves.jpg

A couple of frilly clove polyps:
clovepolypfrags.jpg

Video update time :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZbSxEyRo4g&feature=g-crec-u"]100 Gallon Reef Tank 2012-11-21 - YouTube[/ame]

Back