RODI direct to ATO Reservoir

koda_dad

Mr. Paranoid
Hi all,

I was planning on running a direct line from the RODI unit to my sumps ATO reservoir. This would be controlled by my profilux.

After reading this ``The first few moments that a RO/DI runs are when it allows the most TDS through, and on an ATO it will only ever run for brief moments, making it the least effective use of your RO/DI and not accomplishing what you really want.`` I am starting to think this is a bad idea....

My questions are a) how long after it starts running does it take to produce good water b)Anyone have any workarounds

Thanks

I just turned on my RODI and ran it for 3 seconds and then took a TDS reading ... My meter showed TDS was 0, so I think you should be ok.

When you first change the filters, your water quality will be poor. Which is why you should always run several gallons through when you change filters. But if an RODI unit is used on a daily basis (or at least regularly) the membranes stay wet. If I'm not mistaken, they don't work well when the membranes dry out between uses. I'd think that if the RODI was hooked up to an ATO, the membranes would stay wet pretty much constantly, and you wouldn't have a problem with the TDS creeping up.

Back