RODI plumbing question

Charliegrs

Reefing newb
I have the iSpring 75 gpd 5 stage RODI system. It seemed like a good deal at 159.99 on amazon, but good lord are the instructions bad. So the problem Im having is the with the water supply connector. I included a few pictures of it. Basically its 2 parts, the large section attaches directly to the shut off valve for the cold water line to the faucet. The small section attaches to the larger section and has a shut off valve and line connection for the RODI unit. The problem is I keep getting a leak from where the large section and the small section meet! I use teflon tape, and wrap it pretty well. I tighten it really good too. But for whatever reason, it just wont stop leaking. So I think I have 2 options

1. Try to get it to stop leaking somehow (any thought?)

2. Find a different way to supply water to the RODI unit. The RODI unit uses standards soft lines like most of other units. I would prefer to install the unit under the bathroom sink. Are there other types of supply line connections I can use, maybe something I can order online?

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 603
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 593
my ro/di unit came with what looks like what you got and i could not stop it from leaking so i got adapters from air,water,ice and no more leaks
also could go to home depot and get something that is used for a icemaker.

my ro/di unit came with what looks like what you got and i could not stop it from leaking so i got adapters from air,water,ice and no more leaks
also could go to home depot and get something that is used for a icemaker.

Yeah I was just looking at one of those adaptors on line. I guess it just hooks up to the end of the faucet? Sounds simple enough. Also I was thinking of trying the supply line that clamps to the copper pipe and pierces it. I guess the soft lines that run to the RODI unit are pretty much universal right I dont think Ill have any problems getting them to work with these adaptors.

Does anyone have any experience with the self piercing fittings? The ones that you clamp to a copper water pipe, and it has a needle that pierces the pipe and an outlet for the RODI system. This looks like the way to go for me, but Im worried about this kind of fitting leaking too. Does anyone here have one and does it leak?

Attachments

• CSADDLE.jpg
    CSADDLE.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 402
Back